how good of a honey moon?

tractorm3

Original Poster
i was woundering if any of you have had a honey moon at wdw and how it went? there mite be one in my near future possibly . like what is different from that than a regualr trip? do they have certain rooms or things to do?

any thing you can tell would be great!

daverube

We had a great time on our honeymoon; however, it wasn't much different than our regular trips. We wore the "Just Married" pins, but not the wedding ears, which, frankly, we DO NOT like.

We received complimentary champagne at Le Cellier as well as a few "Congrats" and a couple of fast passes from CMs, but didn't really get much more than that......not that we minded....

We did meet a couple of folks from the board and had a great time overall!!

dave

Moustronaut

We had a wonderful time on ours. It was the first trip to the world for either of us since we were young kids.

We got an all inclusive resort package that included our dining based on a preset dollar amount for 5 nights at Caribbean Beach Resort. We flew in from Atlanta and took a Mears shuttle to our resort. Left our bags with bell services and just grabbed the first park bus that came by to go to lunch.

I think our favorite part was the dining. We ate like royalty at every nice restaurant on property and still have money left over when we checked out. Not having to drive anywhere and the extra great service at the restaurants really made this a special trip.

We both got our wedding ears. We wore them around the part for one day. I can't recall any special treatment we got from them, other than being pointed out by each bus driver.

It was a wonderful time and I would totally recommend it.

scole3388

It's a great place for a honeymoon because there's so much to do, if you choose to, and so many places to do nothing if you choose to do that. The Birnbaum guide people publish a book about Disney World without kids which includes ideas for romantic activites and places to eat. Imagine sitting on the beach at the Poly w/ a picnic supper watching fireworks over Cinderella Castle ...

DiPSU224

Try and make this trip a little more romantic than any other trip to the World. If you can, book a Wishes cruise or like someone else mentioned, watch the fireworks from the beach. Book a romantic dinner or treat yourself to a nice restaurant that you might not go to on a regular visit.
We were given a few perks although we weren't expecting anything at all. We were given a free upgrade to a castle view room at the Poly and were given special congrats at Kilomanjaro Safaris, the California Grill and a few times were allowed to go to the front of the line when we had our Just Married buttons on. Have fun! :wave:

DisneyPirate85

We got Loads of stuff, WAS GREAT! We were there in July for our Honeymoon. Received Champaine and chocolate strawberries(Free) @ the CR, the pins of course, No Ears, just too hot to wear'em, but do wear the pins all the time, Certificate and 2 Menu's from the Liberty Tree, as well as Flowers balloons and a signed picture in our room when we returned from Disney. We were on the dinning plan and I have heard that on occasion if you book thru Disneys Honeymoon ppl that they will/can upgrade and give you the Dinning Plan FREE!:lol:

Our Honeymoon

All I can say is that we went there 26 years ago for our honeymoon and we're still married. I guess she knew by our trip that she was marrying a big kid...and I still am...that's what she loves about me.:sohappy:

Moustronaut

Try and make this trip a little more romantic than any other trip to the World.
True. It was our first time to stay on property and our first time there since we were kids so we didn't do any planning. Didn't try to cram in every ride and show. Our typical day was to go to an Early EMH, explore that park until lunch, then go back to the resort for a nap, etc. We'd go back to the parks at night for dinner and some more rides (Usually Epcot).

Just relax. Think you are on your honeymoon, not that you're at disneyworld. Stroll from attraction to attraction. Wait for the crowds to leave. Our best memory was leaving dinner in France at 9:45 and walking the long way around World Showcase with the park basically to ourselves. All the torches burning and millenium celebration music playing in the background. "We go own" can be an increadibly romantic song.

mary219

True. It was our first time to stay on property and our first time there since we were kids so we didn't do any planning. Didn't try to cram in every ride and show. Our typical day was to go to an Early EMH, explore that park until lunch, then go back to the resort for a nap, etc. We'd go back to the parks at night for dinner and some more rides (Usually Epcot).

Just relax. Think you are on your honeymoon, not that you're at disneyworld. Stroll from attraction to attraction. Wait for the crowds to leave. Our best memory was leaving dinner in France at 9:45 and walking the long way around World Showcase with the park basically to ourselves. All the torches burning and millenium celebration music playing in the background. "We go own" can be an increadibly romantic song.

we went on our honeymoon and this is exactly what i would have told you.if you are planning on children,then enjoy it as much as you can,because it will never be the same once you start bringing children,until they are grown and you can go by yourself again.

slappy magoo

We just got back about 6 weeks ago from a honeymoon trip. Did the pins, not the hats. We had about as much fun as we had all our other trips, but there were little touches here and there courtesy of some very friendly CMs that made it more special. It usually involved free or extra-special desserts, which we're still trying to burn off (heh heh) but we'd also occasionally get extra rides on attractions like RNRR or Buzz Lightyear. Occasionally we'd get a shout out from CMs like a lifeguard at the SSR pool, the AC and on the Jungle Cruise. But mainly, it was the smiles and the congratulations that just made it seem all the more sweet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom