How far is it around World Showcase?

kammybug

Original Poster
If you were to walk around the lake at World Showcase about how far would that be? That would be a great place to just walk on a daily basis for exercise.

Lynx04

Let me put it this way: you could put MK in the the whole World Showcase area. and the Lagoon probably fills up about 60 to 70 percent, at the least, of the World Showcase.

TheOneVader

It seems a lot bigger in person, too. Lemme tell you, it's far. But I'm proud of myself on running from World Showcase Plaza to the American Adventure. :)

M. Racer

kammybug said:
If you were to walk around the lake at World Showcase about how far would that be? That would be a great place to just walk on a daily basis for exercise.

Daily? Pretty expensive walk, eh?

WDWFREAK53

I thought it was 1.3 but I could be mistaken.

I did a lot of walking one trip...

Magic Kingdom...to the monorail...to Epcot...through Epcot all the way to MGM...and then back :lol: (Almost on a daily basis while we were there).

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Its also different if you walk closer to the lagoon or closer to the countries ... I'd guesstimate at a .2 difference

boo52

WDWFREAK53 said:
I thought it was 1.3 but I could be mistaken.
I looked it up on the Cast Portal and that was the distance that was listed. It also said the WS Lagoon is 40 acres.

BRER STITCH

Birnbaum's says 1.2 miles around and a body of water the size of "85 Football Fields".

Hey.....their words.....not mine!

:wave:

Lynx04

agdbeanie said:
Um, not quite. MK is bigger than all of EPCOT.

Epcot is the highest capacity park in WDW. I didn't believe the MK could fit into the World Showcase until I looked at satellite photos of DW. It can clearly fit in the area.

agdbeanie

Lauriebar said:
EPCOT is about twice the size of the Magic Kingdom. Not sure where you got your information, but it is incorrect.
Well, it doesn't seem like it's twice the size.
I still don't believe that MK can fit in the WS though! According to this website MK is 107 acres and the WS lagoon is only 40 acres.

Lauriebar

agdbeanie said:
I still don't believe that MK can fit in the WS though! According to this website MK is 107 acres and the WS lagoon is only 40 acres.

EPCOT is around 260 acres(not sure of the exact figure, but this is in the ballpark)

The WS lagoon is only a part of World Showcase and an even smaller part of EPCOT as a whole.

Lynx04

agdbeanie said:

The lagoon itself maybe 40 acres, but WS surrounds the lagoon.

Also, I don't think MK is really that large, Although I could be wrong. I thought MK was about 80 acres.

TheOneVader

To give you soem idea of how big Epcot is, the entire Land pavillion (Not including Soarin') is the size of Tomorrowland (Not including the Speedway).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom