How easy..... to upgrade resorts???

s.ollie

This probably will come across as a stupid/dorky question to all you disney veterans on the forum but i need to re-assure myself so im gonna ask anyway......:shrug:

So im in the process of planning my family vac for october this year, it will be me, my folks and my niece and nephew. i'm planning and paying for it myself as a surprise to my parents, so due to financial restrictions (ie... lack of the paper stuff) i can only spring for a value (pop) which i was quite happy about.

i was feeling quite chuffed with myself until yesterday, when in a "passing" discussion with the rents i asked if they ever stayed at pop again would they like to stay in a different building or back in the 70's where we previously stayed.

they both preceded to state that on their next trip to the world they would like to try a moderate or deluxe. well there goes all my good intentions up in smoke :( i crunched the numbers and there is absolutely no way i can accommodate there "wants and needs" in this retrospect. (unless anyone here wishes to contribute.... anyone..... no......)

(onto the question, bare with me)
Knowing my daddy as i do he will absolutely flip when he finds out i paid for this by myself and will (im 99% sure) insist on giving me money or paying half...... so at this point im thinking about letting him pay for a upgrade in accommodation... (as a pacifier)

so how easy or hard or even possible is it to upgrade (only accommodation) after the trip has been fully booked and paid for?

(ssssshhhhhh don't tell him but i've my fingers crossed for coronado springs for mod or animal kingdom lodge for del)

Rob562

Really the only time a change like that gets to be a pain is if one reservation is a Room Only reservation and the other is a Package. The funds from one type of reservation can't be moved over to the other, so you have to wait for the refund before paying that money to Disney again.

But as long as the reservation type stays the same, it's simply down to availability like the others said.

-Rob

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom