How Early Should I Rent DVC Points?

Kman

Original Poster
My wife and are thinking of tacking on 3 nights at WDW starting Nov 15, 2020 at the end of a beach vacation. We have rented before and want to do it again. Seeing that when you rent it is a done deal we want to make sure we are actually going to go.

I would like wait until we are inside 7 months as we want to book a studio at Boardwalk and if we rent outside of that mark they tack another dollar to each point.

Question- is waiting until April to book still safe for Boardwalk for that time of year?

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

FCivish3

If you were talking about renting in February or March, then the 7 month window might be realistic. However, when you are talking about the most popular DVC time of the year, which is the Food and Wine Festival/Holiday Period, then you will find NO consistent availability at most resorts at 7 months. I have been making reservations for that period at 3 different resorts and i can tell you that a lot of the more popular resorts and units are already pretty much booked out.

So, I know it costs extra and I know it can be hard to plan, but if you are sure of your travel dates, then you should try to get your reservations NOW. And if you aren't sure of your travel dates then try to finalize your plans as soon as you can, in order to get a DVC unit you might want.

nickys

Premium Member
My wife and are thinking of tacking on 3 nights at WDW starting Nov 15, 2020 at the end of a beach vacation. We have rented before and want to do it again. Seeing that when you rent it is a done deal we want to make sure we are actually going to go.

I would like wait until we are inside 7 months as we want to book a studio at Boardwalk and if we rent outside of that mark they tack another dollar to each point.

Question- is waiting until April to book still safe for Boardwalk for that time of year?

Any comments or advice would be appreciated.

To add to what has been said, I just checked availability.

Somewhat contrary to my expectation, there is still studio availability at the Boardwalk for Garden/pool view. But there are already blocks of dates unavailable, and the availability tool doesn’t show how many rooms there are left.

I would expect those studios to fill up well before the 7 month mark. Between October and early January is the most popular time for DVC. By 7 months there may still be some studios available at Saratoga, OKW and Kidani. Even those will pretty much fill by 6 months out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom