How early is too early to start packing?

Minnie1986

Hi everyone,

I'm leaving for WDW on 9/20, but have a crazy busy work schedule between now and then. Since I'm going for my birthday, I will be out of town celebrating early with my friends and family, so I won't be able to do it this weekend either. Would I be absolutely insane to pack tonight (9 days in advance); or, should I do it the night before my trip (knowing that I will likely be exhausted from work, but will have everything organized and in piles).

My head is swimming between work, school, and making sure this trip happens so any help will be greatly appreciated!!

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

I have friends who refuse to pack until the very morning of their trip. I just cant do it that late. Having a good list to go by helps immensely. I have a packing list thats been refined over the years that I go by. I usually start packing some things very early on, ( 2 weeks) it drives DW crazy, then add a bit every day as I go on and that gives me more time to think about what I forgot or need to add in. I usually end up thinking of something I dont have on my list or read about an item someone else mentions they bring that makes it to my new list. Theres nothing wrong with your packing early if its going to make your life easier... and like me you may think of something you forgot or be inspired by someone elses list and have the time to add something in during those 9 days. Oh... and Disney says the most forgotten items people forget to bring are phone chargers and computer cords.

Upvote 0

ToyStoryMiss

Always make a list (or many)! It's always good to have one or more so you don't forget anything important. I have about 5 written down myself for different things..
Depending on the trip, i usually pack 2 weeks-a month in advance. For my soon-to-be-here Disney trip, I actually started packing 2 months ago.. :happy:
So that would be another tip, always pack early.

Upvote 0

Minnie1986

Original Poster
Make a list, but also don't be afraid to start packing early. Why not? If you won't need the clothes, start putting them in the suitcase. Also, if flying, packing early gives you an opportunity to "test weigh" your bags and make sure you don't stress at the last minute with having packed too much (weight wise).
All great advice. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Herdman

Definitely echo the packing list. That makes it so much easier if you are doing things last minute. We always set aside clean laundry that we don't have to use leading up to the time of our trip.

Upvote 0

dreamfinder

Yes to a packing list. But I've also packed most stuff a few days in advance. By the time we get DS to bed, we don't want to spend some of the few hours of sleep trying to pack. (We usually leave home by 4 AM to get flight) The pack list helps me remember that I need to grab my toothpaste and pack glasses the morning of once I'm done using them.

Upvote 0

TARDIS

I usually start packing a month in advance and fully packed a week before. Gives me time to figure out things I forgot and to refine the amount of stuff I brought. If I pack a couple days to, I'll over pack. I say go ahead and start your packing that way in between now and then you can't think about what you really need.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom