How does this work without MB or physical tickets?

Jeff-1971

Original Poster
My family has always used MagicBands, but now we're going back next week and bringing three other people...NONE of which have MagicBands or physical tickets. I've added them to the MDE app, but how will they get into the parks and/or use the Genie+/LL if they don't have a physical ticket or MagicBands?

(Edit: We're staying offsite...)

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Rob562

My family has always used MagicBands, but now we're going back next week and bringing three other people...NONE of which have MagicBands or physical tickets. I've added them to the MDE app, but how will they get into the parks and/or use the Genie+/LL if they don't have a physical ticket or MagicBands?

Please help!

Thanks in advance.

They will have to stop at Guest Services outside the park or at Disney Springs to pick up cards that can be linked to their MDE profiles.

-Rob

graphite1326

Every time we got behind someone at the entrance who had a card it didn't work. I do mean every time. That was the last week in October.

MickeyLuv'r

Please help!

Thanks in advance.
They should be able to use Magic Mobile if they have a cell phone. Otherwise, they can get a card at GS as others have mentioned, but that would = waiting in a line if they try to do it at park opening.

They also have the option of buying a magic band. I do not advise trying to have one shipped so close to your visit, but they sell bands at WDW. I couldn't tell you 100% the easiest place to buy one. If they are flying, and arriving via MCO, and not a super early/late arrival, try the airport Disney gift shop. They also sell Magic bands at Disney Springs. I think they also sell them at most WDW resorts (at at least one of the gift shops at each hotel), and probably in the small gift shop at the TTC.

Rob562

I realize not everyone is a Disney packrat like some of us Disney fans, but if they've been to WDW *any* time since 2013/2014-ish (the introduction of RFID ticket media) and they still have a ticket/card linked to their MDE account, that card will work for them. (It would show up as a Card in the MagicBands & Cards section)

-Rob

bubbles1812

Every time we got behind someone at the entrance who had a card it didn't work. I do mean every time. That was the last week in October.
They didn’t work very well while in the park either. They number of times we waited behind people trying to get into the LL with their cards… 🙄

I bought new magic bands for funsies for this trip but it made me glad to know I could have activated old ones if needed. Looking at the people struggling with their cards made me feel like in was 98’ again with my dad whipping out the Keys to the World cards to slip through the slots.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom