How does sit down dining work with a baby

kmac77

Hey All,

Quick question. We are 26 days and counting to the Wilderness Lodge, and I have the DDP booked, and we have all our reservations set to go. My wife and two daughters (one of which will be 4 months old at the time) and I will be dining at character meals and other sit down restaurants. My question is, I have booked all the reservations for 4, as I know the fire code requires it, but how does it work in the restaurant with a baby? Can they stay in the stroller if they are asleep? Does someone have to hold them all the time? Just curious as to the Disney policy on this. I understand that if everyone brought their strollers into a restaurant, we'd all be eating outside. Just curious how it is with a baby. Thanks.

AJScooch

In 2010, my wife and I went with our DD (16 months old at the time) and again twice last year. We only did table service meals as we were on the Deluxe Dining Plan. We never had a problem in a restaurant of bringing in the stroller, if my daughter was sleeping. Obviously, if she was awake, we'd leave the stroller outside.

Upvote 0

melmood2000

I would guess that each restaurant is different when we visited in September with our 2 year old, if she was sleeping the 2 restaurants we went to let us keep her in the stroller when she woke up we brought the stroller to the parking area. If she was awake we parked the stroller.

Upvote 0

buseegal

check area that you park stroller in if you have sleeping baby. look for door or area for wheelchairs or ecvs to use. usually a wider path as this could make you have to move or have stroller bumped.

Upvote 0

erstwo

As others have said, if the baby is sleeping, you'll be able to bring her inside in the stroller. We've done it numerous times and have seen others doing the same thing.

Correct me if I'm wrong (it's been 5 years since I've had a 4 month old!) but your 4 month old is probably not sitting up fully on her own yet, so a highchair is out of the question right? Are you bringing a car seat that detaches from the stroller? If so, you could just bring the car seat inside. If not, and you want to be able to eat using both hands, :D you might just mention to the CM seating you that your daughter can't sit in a high chair yet and you'd love it if she could just stay in her stroller. I bet they'll try to help you out!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom