How does my lineup look!!!

petey

Original Poster
Hello Dining Experts, here are my ADR's:
Dinner-Sanaa, Jiko, Boma (great places @ AKL), Captains Grille, Rose & Crown, Whispering Canyon, Artist Point

Breakfast-Grand Floridian Cafe, Boma, Captains Grille, Kona Cafe

The rest probably will be quick serve like maybe Casey's Corner, Columbia Harbor House, Sunshine Seasons, Mara back @AKL, Plaza

Finally I must have a Dole Whip and some Zebra Domes while I am at the World!!!!!!!! Any other suggestions are welcome.

minnielaw

All your choices sound great to me! I am trying Sanaa and Kona (breakfast) for the first time on my next trip. Love Rose & Crown and Boma, but haven't tried the rest.

I have heard great things about the breakfast at Grand Floridian Cafe and Captain's Grille. I have done the Boma breakfast buffet and I loved it! Don't plan to eat again until dinner that day.

Have a wonderful trip and enjoy your dining! :wave:

bethymouse

What are Zebra Domes?

Dinner-Sanaa, Jiko, Boma (great places @ AKL), Captains Grille, Rose & Crown, Whispering Canyon, Artist Point

The rest probably will be quick serve like maybe Casey's Corner, Columbia Harbor House, Sunshine Seasons, Mara back @AKL, Plaza

Finally I must have a Dole Whip and some Zebra Domes while I am at the World!!!!!!!! Any other suggestions are welcome.

I know about Dole Whip, but refresh my memory please about Zebra Domes?:veryconfu
Never been to AKL restaurants, but hear they're great.
Rose & Crown:)
Whispering Canyon-fun "We need ketchup!":ROFLOL:
Love CC hot dogs and CHH chowder. SS is my fave for fresh salads!

Have a blast!;)

minnielaw

Zebra Domes are a dessert served at Boma. Kind of like a chocolate mousse covered in white and dark (or maybe milk?) chocolate, striped like a zebra. They are VERY good, but be warned they contain a small amount of alcohol if that is an issue.

Love the Lighthouse Sandwich at Columbia Harbor House (hummus with broccoli slaw) and the tuna sandwich was absolutely fabulous. Something different from the burgers, hot dogs and chicken nuggets.

Sunshine Seasons is my fave QS! The seared tuna noodle salad is an wonderful QS option and the tuna was fresh and well seared. The desserts at Sunshine Seasons are worth a visit alone....the strawberry shortcake and chocolate mousse cake being my faves.

Hmmm, snacks. I would definitely agree on Dole Whip and this year I am on a quest for cupcakes at Starring Roles. The red velvet cheesecake and peanut and chocolate in particular. Also on my wish list to try this trip:
carrot cake cookie at Writer's Stop,in DHS
gelato sundae at the Italian kiosk in Epcot
ice cream cookie sandwich in MK
some sort of goodness from Karamel Kuche in Germany-Epcot

petey

Original Poster
AKL has a quick service restaurant called The Mara where you can buy the World famous Zebra Domes to take back to your resort to enjoy later. If you go over to dinner anywhere at the AKL resort check out the night goggle vision, viewing the animals at night in the savannah. They are the same
type goggles that the military uses. It is a neat experience. Visit the Home of The Dome AKL!!!!!

GoochDSA

Your choices look pretty good for the most part. Just realize that the Plaza is NOT a CS location. It is a TS location. However, it is a pretty inexpensive TS location so if you are using the DDP, you could pay for it OOP and it won't hurt the wallet much.

MagicKat103

we just did the captain's grille for breakfast and it was wonderful. well worth the money for the buffet. The food was great and some different stuff that we haven't had on other buffets. We did it the morning we left to fill up for the car ride (we live in CT) and it was great. We didn't stop for our next thing to eat until about 3pm :):lol:

Kramerica

You will NOT be dissipointed with Kona.. Always come out of that place close to popping.. I like your list. It looks like you went for the all the finest food you can eat option.. I like some fun stuff in there when I go. Sci Fi Theatre is always a must, even though their food is nothing spectacular. Whispering Canyon has about some of the best food I've ever eaten in my entire life. So you're going to enjoy that. I'm kind of a shy person, so I tend to avoid asking for ketchup, or sitting near the chaos at that place. Haha. Overall itlooks like you've got a good list..

s&k'smom

Love your choices, had breakfast at GFC twice last November and loved it, great service, wonderful atmosphere yummy food. Columbia Harbor House have to agree with the lighthouse sandwich it is delicious. That is always a stop for us every trip. We sat upstairs and it was practically empty and what views. As for the Rose and Crown AWESOME. We liked it so much we changed a ressie and went back during our trip. Again some of the best customer service we received potato soup, yum. Have a wonderful time. Bring back some reviews!:wave:

shmmrname

Love it... my only real criticism would be Captain's Grille 2X... It's just me, but I would replace one of the ADR's at CG for anything you haven't tried before.

tunseeker1

Upgrading DDP

I have a quick question about upgrading the dining plan.

I have read people say you can upgrade for a single day, but I thought it was all or nothing for the levels

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom