How does Journey to Atlantis Work?

woofboy111

Original Poster
I had this posted in the sea world board, but it wasn't getting a responce, so I'm just seeing if anyone has the answer here.

This is something I've wondered since I first rode Journey to Atlanis, but I've never asked. Ho does the ride swithc from a free floating boat, to a water ride that's locked onto the slide, to a car rolling on wheels, to a car on a roller coaster track without getting stuck or anything while swichting the different kinds of tracks???

NowInc

Originally posted by woofboy111
I had this posted in the sea world board, but it wasn't getting a responce, so I'm just seeing if anyone has the answer here.

This is something I've wondered since I first rode Journey to Atlanis, but I've never asked. Ho does the ride swithc from a free floating boat, to a water ride that's locked onto the slide, to a car rolling on wheels, to a car on a roller coaster track without getting stuck or anything while swichting the different kinds of tracks???

Guide rails I assume..same way the rhino rally rapids is done at Busch gardens..

woofboy111

Original Poster
But isn't Rhino Rally a normal land rover that drives onto a boat that's on tracks? With Atlantis, you can't be on tracks the whole time, because when you go down the first hill, you are free floating, rolling down the ramp. When you go down the second hill you are on roller coaster tracks. Before you get on the tracks, you roll through an area outside with no tracks at all, or water. I'd love to know how the boats switich tracks so perfectly.

NowInc

Right...

the boat floats thru guide rails that line up the bottom of the boat to the "coaster tracks"...it just seems smooth because it floats onto them instead of rolling...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It works the same way as Splash Mountain (the part where you drop down in darkness and back up again). Just before the drop, the car locks into a guiderail (just like a coaster). It is then released again on the exit of the drop.

I dont know the actual mechanics of how the hook into the guiderail works, but I assume it is realatively straight-forward to do.

NowInc

Originally posted by Rider
NowInc... I dont like the red as much.

hehe.its only temporary..its my "night eye" to get rid of any potential trouble makers....sorta like an inside joke..dont worry..it'll go away soon

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Fievel

And yet, nobody says anything about my red eyes......

No, it came up last night in conversation...and we are all having t-shirts made up that say "Never Hug a man with red glowing eyes"LOL

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom