How does Disney test market changes, ride closures, new rides etc?

POLY LOVER

Original Poster
Does anyone know how Disney tests their proposed changes, new rides etc. I read on the board many many people don't like certain changes, they have complaints about the show changes , ride closures etc. if that many people don't like the changes, how is disney missing the mark so many times. How are they testing their decisions with the public?

Last edited:

Jedi Stitch

I know the many of the fans do not like change just because of the PC movement. Anything that was based on history should never be PC down just because someone some where said hey today in age we are better.

JIMINYCR

They arent really testing guests feelings or desires. Its easier to have complete and unalterable control. Its like any dictatorship or government. The decision is made in back offices with little input from outside sources. We'll make the decisions as to what we want and shove it down their throats. If they dont like it .... who cares. They can go someplace else, but we know they will be back, so we can do whatever we want. Guests havent slowed down their visits and impacted Disneys decisions enough to make them an entity that gets seriously listened to. If they had any power and Disney listened to them , we would see changes made that we have griped about for a long time.

TwilightZone

I know people outside of the disney fandom, so I can tell you that they don't care for much of the changes, no matter how good or bad they are. The only one they are upset about is the possible closure of toontown, that's it. So, yeah I have an easy time believing most of disney's input is by outside fandom people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom