How does Disney Cruise Compare to other Cruise Lines?

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
Exactly. I will choose Carnival over DCL. That extra $400 can be used towards something else. Sorry but good attempt
No . You claim disney is hugely more expensive than carnival. $400 isnt a giant amount . Good attempt but keep on trolling your opinions as fact.
Edit ; You can close the price gap by $160 after you have purchased the soft drink package for the Carnival cruise.

Last edited:

disney4life2008

No . You claim disney is hugely more expensive than carnival. $400 isnt a giant amount . Good attempt but keep on trolling your opinions as fact.
Edit ; You can close the price gap by $160 after you have purchased the soft drink package for the Carnival cruise.

No problem. Carnival for me. Thanks though but good try.

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
The only way to deal with trolling
depositphotos_32681461-stock-photo-red-ignore-button-on-a.jpg

jsand99

My family is going on our first ever cruise on the Magic in December. We don't know what to expect from a Disney cruise, or cruising in general, but we are beyond excited. Only 42 more days!!! We have a big family cruise in June on Royal Caribbean so maybe I will be able to make some comparisons after that.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
My family is going on our first ever cruise on the Magic in December. We don't know what to expect from a Disney cruise, or cruising in general, but we are beyond excited. Only 42 more days!!! We have a big family cruise in June on Royal Caribbean so maybe I will be able to make some comparisons after that.

I imagine you will have a great time on the Magic. I assume it is a very merry cruise (which are good fun)? I have only sailed on the Dream and Fantasy myself, but people rave about the Magic, saying it is their favorite ship of the 4. Really, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Great stuff to do for kids, adults and families. Service and experience are top notch in my opinion. They do the extras that I have not experienced on some of the other lines I have cruised with.

What ship will you be sailing on during your Royal Caribbean trip?

jsand99

I imagine you will have a great time on the Magic. I assume it is a very merry cruise (which are good fun)? I have only sailed on the Dream and Fantasy myself, but people rave about the Magic, saying it is their favorite ship of the 4. Really, I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Great stuff to do for kids, adults and families. Service and experience are top notch in my opinion. They do the extras that I have not experienced on some of the other lines I have cruised with.

What ship will you be sailing on during your Royal Caribbean trip?

Yes it's the Christmas cruise. The main reason we chose the Magic is because of Rapunzel's Royal Table. My daughter loves Rapunzel. The RC ship we will be on in June is the Mariner of the Seas.

flynnibus

Premium Member

Since youve already booked etc... alot has already passed... but i really recommend a ebook like the passporter guide - http://www.passporter.com/dcl/guidebook.asp It really helps you understand the conventions of what happens on the boat, experieneces with arrival, deboarding, activities on the boat, etc. it really is a great aid to get that experience so you get the most of your trip and have less “suprises”.

Not so you can be a park commando... but so things are as smooth and relaxing as possible. Plus there are a lot of things not so obvious that the vets know about. Like, using the time after boarding to make onboard reservations for things like mixology classes, making dining requests, last minute excursion changes, etc.

Its also a great way to get excited for the trip :)

joanna71985

While not all cruise lines charge 100% supplement, it is pretty standard for the price of 1 adult and the price of 2 adults in the same state room to be pretty close.

The cost to the cruise line of adding second person to the room is pretty low - mostly just food costs. They have already sized their staff and amenities based on double occupancy. In addition to their ticket, the "missing" passenger is not spending money on drinks, events, gifts, etc.

They have to make up for that lost money somewhere, so they charge the heck out of the single passenger.

Which is a shame! I would sail a lot more if that wasn't the case

KeithVH

Since youve already booked etc... alot has already passed... but i really recommend a ebook like the passporter guide - http://www.passporter.com/dcl/guidebook.asp It really helps you understand the conventions of what happens on the boat, experieneces with arrival, deboarding, activities on the boat, etc. it really is a great aid to get that experience so you get the most of your trip and have less “suprises”.

Not so you can be a park commando... but so things are as smooth and relaxing as possible. Plus there are a lot of things not so obvious that the vets know about. Like, using the time after boarding to make onboard reservations for things like mixology classes, making dining requests, last minute excursion changes, etc.

Its also a great way to get excited for the trip :)

Good suggestion. I would also add that there is at least one other Disney board out there where the cruise forum is VERY active. The amount of info and knowledge there is probably more useful than some of the stuff here, TBH.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom