How do you rank the lands in Magic Kingdom, and what is the best land? (poll)

What is the best land in Magic Kingdom?

• Main Street U.S.A.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • Adventureland

Votes: 44 20.2%
  • Frontierland

Votes: 75 34.4%
  • Liberty Square

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Fantasyland

Votes: 29 13.3%
  • Tomorrowland

Votes: 36 16.5%

• Total voters

rreading

I'm unhappy with all of them compared to Disneyland :/ I hate to say that but every single one of these lands is done better in Disneyland

I'm surprised by this, and will have to revisit once back at DL this fall...but:

There is minimal charm to Tomorrowland at DL. Space Mountain tucked away with a que only interesting at the load area. Congested in the front with astro orbiter. Autopia and the Subs are lovely ambiance but they don't bring a bit of tomorrow to their Tomorrowland. WDW for the big win.

Their Adventureland is nice but it's also SO crowded. Well themed but literally a jungle. Also blink and you miss it. I prefer WDW.

Frontierland there is NOT immersive. What's there is nice as seen from New Orleans Square (which itself is an area that is SO well done). But if we're talking about loving an area of the park, I hardly realize I'm in Frontierland at DL. WDW >>DL

Their Main Street is charming. Less overtly impressive, just as is their castle as well. Also smaller. To each their own. (I would probably give DL a slight win).

Disneyland's Fantasyland is nicer than the area around MK's castle...and Storybook Circus is fine but not my cup of tea...but fantasy outside the castle walls at WDW is gorgeous. Once again, somewhat of a toss-up.

So ignoring the attractions lineup (which would give DL the win, generally speaking), I would say that WDW has the big win.

I do find it interesting: when I took my daughter (~10 at the time) for her second visit to DL/DCA, there wasn't any other ride she wanted to ride half way into her second day (this was after Cars Land opened). We're soon to be back at WDW for the third time within a year and she we can easily spend two days each trip at MK. Hard to say why - and I'll be interested in comparing again this fall - but DL is not all magic for everyone.

justintheharris

I'm surprised by this, and will have to revisit once back at DL this fall...but:

There is minimal charm to Tomorrowland at DL. Space Mountain tucked away with a que only interesting at the load area. Congested in the front with astro orbiter. Autopia and the Subs are lovely ambiance but they don't bring a bit of tomorrow to their Tomorrowland. WDW for the big win.

Their Adventureland is nice but it's also SO crowded. Well themed but literally a jungle. Also blink and you miss it. I prefer WDW.

Frontierland there is NOT immersive. What's there is nice as seen from New Orleans Square (which itself is an area that is SO well done). But if we're talking about loving an area of the park, I hardly realize I'm in Frontierland at DL. WDW >>DL

Their Main Street is charming. Less overtly impressive, just as is their castle as well. Also smaller. To each their own. (I would probably give DL a slight win).

Disneyland's Fantasyland is nicer than the area around MK's castle...and Storybook Circus is fine but not my cup of tea...but fantasy outside the castle walls at WDW is gorgeous. Once again, somewhat of a toss-up.

So ignoring the attractions lineup (which would give DL the win, generally speaking), I would say that WDW has the big win.

I do find it interesting: when I took my daughter (~10 at the time) for her second visit to DL/DCA, there wasn't any other ride she wanted to ride half way into her second day (this was after Cars Land opened). We're soon to be back at WDW for the third time within a year and she we can easily spend two days each trip at MK. Hard to say why - and I'll be interested in comparing again this fall - but DL is not all magic for everyone.
Tomorrowland is the closest to a wash. I think it’s hard to argue Disney World’s Space Mountain’s queue is any more interesting than Disneyland’s Space Mountain.

Main Street is a massive win for Disneyland. The brick sidewalks really make a difference and the street somehow feels more spacious. Every time I’m walking down it in WDW, I feel like I’m dodging crowds.

Adventureland might have been a huge win for Disney World if it wasn’t for the flying carpets. Tacky and destroys the theming. Also creates bottlenecks similar to the Astro Orbitor in Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

Frontierland isn’t bad in Disney World but something just doesn’t seem as nice as the Disneyland one to me. I can’t explain it. Sure it’s smaller with less to do but I enjoy it more.

Fantasyland is another huge win for Disneyland. The cobblestone paths really make a difference. A lot more elegant than Disney World’s which still has that dumb traveling carnival look instead of a whimsical medieval village. Disneyland also has that cozy area near Alice in Wonderland and Matterhorn Bobsleds.

Last edited:

FettFan

For me....
  1. Adventureland
  2. Frontierland
  3. Liberty Square

I don't even NEED to rest of Magic Kingdom though, as there aren't very many attractions that pique my interest.

I'll travel over to Tomorrowland for the COP and Tomorrowland Speedway, but otherwise avoid it.

And I honestly don't consider Main Street USA as a "land". It's more like an extended queue for the rest of the park. And a giant strip mall.

FettFan

Main Street is a massive win for Disneyland. The brick sidewalks really make a difference and the street somehow feels more spacious. Every time I’m walking down it in WDW, I feel like I’m dodging crowds.

I would think that Disneyland and WDW's Main Street is roughly the same size....but Disneyland doesn't have the same amount of guests.

justintheharris

I would think that Disneyland and WDW's Main Street is roughly the same size....but Disneyland doesn't have the same amount of guests.
Yea I know. Maybe I just go during off season but I always feel like Disneyland's is more spacious probably because there's less people. I don't doubt that they're either the same size or WDW may be slightly bigger. I don't know what it is.

General Mayhem

1. Adventureland/Caribbean Plaza (ours has the Best Architecture)
  2. Tomorrowland (we still have the PeopleMover and CoP)
  3. Frontierland
  4. Fantasyland (fill in some of the empty concrete areas and it would be way better)
  5. Liberty Square
  6. Main Street

DisneyNittany

Daylight:
  • Adventureland (favorite theming)
  • Frontierland (favorite rides)
  • Main Street
  • Liberty Square
  • Tomorrowland
  • Fantasyland
Night:
  • Tomorrowland
  • Main Street
  • Frontierland/Adventureland
  • Fantasyland
  • Liberty Square

aliceismad

Re: DL vs MK, DL is limited in space whereas MK is not. DL has character and is charming in a way I don’t see in MK. And there are more attractions.

I prefer the DL Tomorrowland. DL’s Space Mountain is way better, and they have Star Tours to eat up some crowds. I do miss the PeopleMover in DL though.

bryanfze55

debatable.

Not really. It's pretty clear you prefer Disneyland, and I do too actually, but let's call it what it is. Disneyland's Tomorrowland is in poor shape. While MK's TL doesn't have a great lineup of attractions, it's not in a sheer state of decay. It's at least a decent place to walk around and hang out. It still has the PeopleMover and Carousel of Progress. Astro Orbiter is in its right place. Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor is a fairly fun experience.

I will admit, DL has a better Buzz ride and a better Speedway. The Subs are nice to look at but a pretty mediocre experience, all things considered... the smells, the claustrophobia, the blurry screens. But DL has the Rocket Rods track rotting in place. Astro Orbitor is out of place. It's just a very tacky land. No thematic cohesion. I think the thematic cohesion is much better at WDW's TL. And in a theme park, thematic cohesion matters as much as quantity of rides.

Mickey5150

Oh i agree! DL is by far Disneys best park. there is no debate or comparison. While I love M.K. DL is just perfect.
If DL is perfect you must never spend time.in Tomorrowland. A rotting corpse of people movers is not perfection. I love DL but that is an incredible stain on an otherwise wonderful park.

KINGLOUIS1993

Dope! I clicked on the wrong one...

My actual Order would be

1. Frontierland
  2. Tomorrowland
  3. Adventureland
  4. Liberty Square
  5. Fantasyland
  6. Main Street U.S.A

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom