How Do YOU plan a 2021-2022 Trip NOW!?

yensid67

I have my own ideas, but I would like to know how others are planning their trips within the 2021-2022 season? I think that your ideas will help others!!!

FeelsSoGoodToBeBad

We booked for late March-early April (kids' spring break) with the mindset that IF closer to our trip we don't feel it is a good decision for our family to go, we can cancel. As I explained to my DH, I would rather book and have to reschedule than not book and wish like hell we had when spring break rolls around.

I'm counting on continued capped attendance and ADR for a few of our fav restaurants and FP+ returning before we go.
I'm torn on the reduced hours. Are the reduced hours offset by the reduced number of people in attendance? I hope so, but will continue to monitor other's reports of their experiences for the next several months.
Mask requirements are not a huge concern for us because we're used to wearing them for varying periods of time and (hopefully) it won't be unbearably hot when we go, making mask-wearing horribly uncomfortable.
All that said, I'm really hoping the shows will be back in full force, including the nighttime shows. I can't imagine not getting to see Fantasmic!

I'm most curious about how many days people are reserving for which parks. We have 5-day tickets and our TA recommended our two-day park be HS, which I found very surprising. Granted, the last time we went to WDW was JUST prior to Avatar opening, so we haven't experience TSL or SW. Any input?

Upvote 0
We've had a Christmas 2021 trip planned for quite a while. Of course with the world upside down all of that is in flux. Was hoping to book our rooms this month, but with all bookings closed out that far, we're just in a wait and see situation. That being said, I've already started my planning for each day we are there, because that's what I do! Right now assuming everything will be open by then, but really who knows. It's fun to plan and hope it all works out!

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
We've had a Christmas 2021 trip planned for quite a while. Of course with the world upside down all of that is in flux. Was hoping to book our rooms this month, but with all bookings closed out that far, we're just in a wait and see situation. That being said, I've already started my planning for each day we are there, because that's what I do! Right now assuming everything will be open by then, but really who knows. It's fun to plan and hope it all works out!
I agree with you on planning is the most fun of a Disney trip. Even with my trip for September 2022, I am not even in the mood to plan anything because the pricing isn't there to get a fair starting point. I am trying not to do anything until there is some normalcy back in place and things start to get back to normal with pricing! But still when I think about it, I get sad because in the back of my mind I am wondering IF this virus will last into 2021 and beyond and REALLY change our way of living!?

BUT ALWAYS KEEP IN MIND...THAT IT WAS ALL STARTED BY A MOUSE RABBIT! ;)

SENDING PIXIE DUST AND A MAGICAL DAY TO EVERYONE!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom