How do you do it ? $$$

38053WDW

We try and go every three years and partically this is because of cost... I know cost can be what you make of it... offsite or standard/moderate/deluxe Resorts... I read of these two week stays and I think.. how ? We're looking at 8n/9d / BLT / MKV .. airline and tickets (PH of course) for 5 and cha ching!!! This does not even include eating ... I'm just courious on what people spend to go here ... The trip reports are great but then I think 'What did that cost?"

Last edited:

Lucky

Ours have ranged from around $3.5k to $4.5k including everything (airlines, food, souvenirs). That's 4 people, staying on site at mods, usually with "free" DDP. With the resort room price increases there's no way we'll ever be able to do it for under $4k again.

Upvote 0

38053WDW

Original Poster
When our kids wer young we could go anytime and just take them out of school but now we cannot do that .. We have the best time in the fall (crowds/heat) so we will only do fall break .. Disney is smart because it is the week they skip Free Dining for my schools Fall Break. I guess that week must be when most schools fall break.... We fly since we are over 12 hours away which takes up at least two days I can spend at Disney.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Zipadeelady

Our 6 day 7 night December trip with free dining for 5 at POR is running us $3300.00. This trip may be our last for awhile...I don't really want to pay more than 4K and that's what we were planning on until FD came out. Our kids are getting older and 5 in one room may not work after this year.

Upvote 0

Club34

When our kids wer young we could go anytime and just take them out of school but now we cannot do that .. I had te best time in the fall (crowds/heat) so we only do fall break .. Disney is smart becasue it is the week they skip Free Dining for my schools Fall Break. I guess tha tweek must be most schools fall break....

I'm sorry, why can't you take your kids where you want, when you want?

Upvote 0

jw24

Well considering I travel solo, the costs aren't as high as compared to the cost for a family. I've spent under 2k but that's because I only stayed at value resorts and only spent six days, five nights while most people do at least seven days, six nights. But if I'm going to stay at a deluxe (The moderates turn me off with their outrageously large layouts.) and/or spend more days, I'm obviously going to have to spend more!

Upvote 0

stevehousse

We usually spend around 2 grand on a Disney vacation.

For our upcoming trip in November, we are staying at All Star Movie with a free dining pin code (upgraded the dining package), 5day park tickets (we don't hop), for 5nights/6 day stay and our total was just under $1700...now factor in gas for driving ( we only fly when we find cheap deals, but driving to wdw is manageable) $4oo round trip...so total cost becomes $2100! We do have a couple hundred dollars for extra snacks and gifts of course...

If booked early enough in advance we usually book a package and pay every month a little more...what we usually do though is set aside enough money from our tax returns to pay for the package, and then save from our paychecks for gas and spending money...

Upvote 0

King Racoon 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
I voted Who cares its Disney but we go all out for our 14 night vacation with upgrades on the flights,looking at the royal rooms POR for our next one .A backstage tour.Uni/seaworld and a bucketload of shopping.We are in a lucky position in that we have no kids and our WDW homecation is something we spend all year saving for.We are chnging to every two years now as the prices increase but would rather spread out the visits than compromise.

Upvote 0
In 09 we went for 13 days stayed at All Star Music had free dining, and 10 day park and water park pass, we paid 1$1900. & less than $500 for airfare,since then we have had another child so next year 8 day stay at POR willcost $3500.quote="38053WDW, post: 5709518, member: 80521"]We try and go every three years and partically this is because of cost... I know cost can be what you make of it... offsite or standard/moderate/deluxe Resorts... I read of these two week stays and I think.. how ? We're looking at 8n/9d / BLT / MKV .. airline and tickets (PH of course) for 5 and cha ching!!! This does not even include eating ... I'm just courious on what people spend to go here ... The trip repors are great but then I think 'What did that cost?"[/quote]

Upvote 0
We usually spend around 2 grand on a Disney vacation.

For our upcoming trip in November, we are staying at All Star Movie with a free dining pin code (upgraded the dining package), 5day park tickets (we don't hop), for 5nights/6 day stay and our total was just under $1700...now factor in gas for driving ( we only fly when we find cheap deals, but driving to wdw is manageable) $4oo round trip...so total cost becomes $2100! We do have a couple hundred dollars for extra snacks and gifts of course...

If booked early enough in advance we usually book a package and pay every month a little more...what we usually do though is set aside enough money from our tax returns to pay for the package, and then save from our paychecks for gas and spending money...
for about $100 more you could stay at a moderate resort, that you dont have to upgrade the dining plan.

Upvote 0

stevehousse

for about $100 more you could stay at a moderate resort, that you dont have to upgrade the dining plan.

It was for a little more than 100, when I originally called to book, we orginally wanted to do POR, but when i called and asked about a cheaper hotel, i was more than happy about the price. this was our second visit this year an i let my oldest son choose where he wanted to stay and he chose the "Toy Story Hotel!" ;) which is fine for us, we have stayed at many different resorts and seeing how this trip was our second this year, also wanted the cheaper price...

This 2nd trip was actually paid for using extra money I had gotten when I left my old job for a new one. My vacation there had just accrued and I wa receiving a bonus on top of that, so paying for this trip was a little different this time.

Upvote 0

Poofiesdream

We save by having a change jar, points on out Disney Visa card and any work over time money we try to put some of it aside. We also book way out and make payments every month. We ask for Birthday, Anniversary, and Christmas gifts to be Disney Gift Cards. We buy our ticket vouchers far in advance of price increases from AAA. We buy Disney Tee shirts on sale or clearance from Walmart or the Disney Store. We watch for Disney discounts that come up and add them to our reservation. We also do all quick service meals as we have been there many times living only three hours away. We are two 60+ adults that have done all the character meals with our grandchildren already. Ate at almost all the reservation places to eat and usually stick to quick service but when going with others that want those fancier places we use a Tables of Wonderland Card. We bring our own soda, water and snacks for the room. We do room only reservations and use FL Resident AP's.

Upvote 0

75disney

Every trip, our costs have increased. In 2008, we stayed in a WL courtyard view room with the dining plan. Our final cost for 2 children , 2 adults with domestic air was a little less than $4000. This year (same time of year), we are staying at CSR, with free dining. Our trip is running us (including air) is $5100. The cost of airfare is a big factor in the increase. Also, we NW stay at Moderates because the deluxes are rediculously priced. Disney prices go up in less and bounds while our salaries stay the same. This will be our last trip for a few years due to the increasing cost.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

We typically spend about 1,700 for two adults one week at a moderate resort with 5 day tickets w/ free dining. Our flights add an additional 500 dollars to that. We splurged for our upcoming 2014 trip to stay at the Beach Club for 8 nights (first deluxe resort ever!!!) it is cost us a little under 4k w/o the cost of food but this will be our last trip for awhile. Probably until we have kids.

Upvote 0

diznyboyz

In May of this year was our first stay at PORS and loved it. Only drawback was it was a little small for five people. My 9 year old on the pullout bed grunted and tossed and turned all night and he was literally at the foot of our bed.
Next year we are going back to our usual value resort with two rooms that connect. The kids have "their side" and my husband and I have ours. This gives us more room and more privacy. The price is not a lot different than our stay at PORS. We put everything on credit card and pay it out after we get back. It usually happens that once we pay off one trip, it is time for deposit on next trip. But we have good children (17 y/o autistic and lives for disney, and a 15 y/o and 9 y/o). My oldest and I are the "disney freaks" and as long as we can afford it (and as long as the boys want to go) we will take them. Trips to Disney are priceless.....

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom