How do you apply for a proffesional position at WDW?

disneychic

Original Poster
My husband has a Masters degree, and of course we want to relocate and work for disney, so how would he go about applying for a job in professional? We know that for an hourly position you go down to casting and get interviewed, but how does it work for professional?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
go to Disneycareers.com and look up available positions, then do what the website says. One thing though.. all WDW CM's-hourly, salaried, and professional, still get hired at casting, so you'd still have to go there.

T

Tom

Look at the Monster

Jobs seem to be posted on Monster.com before they are posted on the offical disney site.

Duane

Account Suspended
professional jobs

Hi,
I noticed that you are a teacher, that makes two of us! If you find any valuable information in regards to employment, please let me know. My wife and I are both teachers who would like to work for Disney but have had no luck even getting an interview. Thanks!
Duane

cm1988

Disney University

Originally posted by Duane
...My wife and I are both teachers who would like to work for Disney but have had no luck even getting an interview...
My guess is that most instructors at Disney University and those who give professional and youth seminars are people who have worked in front-line WDW operating areas --- less often hired directly from outside. One source of intern opportunities at D.U. is the Traditions Assistant. There, Cast Members interview and audition for 'cross-u' (temporary additional) assignments as instructor for people just joining the Cast.

As for technical skills training, much of that is done through outside private institutions. Years ago, Disney University Computer Training employed several full-time instructors; gradually, most of that has shifted to outside companies.

Not wishing to be too discouraging... it's still worth checking the sites mentioned elsewhere in this thread (Monster.com and others) for WDW opportunities. At least with "Monster" you can set alerts where an e-mail is sent to you automatically when a position matching your requirements is posted.

All the best to you both!

tahoe98

Monster.com

Monster.com is where I find all of the positions I apply to. However, you should know that you are entering a VERY LONG road. I have been applying for over 9 months and have heard NOTHING from Disney.

Good luck, and don't give up.

Ben

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom