How Do People Get Park Artifacts?

Taylor?

Original Poster
I'm not referring to vintage items like mugs or crud. I'm referring to things like signs, costumes, and props, and maybe even some stuff from rides. I know the chance of me getting one is highly unlikely, but I'm just asking out of sheer curiosity. Thanks!

msg7

Usually, it's through auctions, websites like Theme Park Connection, and possibly if you know someone who works for Disney? The last one was a stretch but I know for a fact that the 1st two are extremely common for collectors....

Taylor?

Original Poster
Usually, it's through auctions, websites like Theme Park Connection, and possibly if you know someone who works for Disney? The last one was a stretch but I know for a fact that the 1st two are extremely common for collectors....
Thanks!

Driver

I'm not referring to vintage items like mugs or crud. I'm referring to things like signs, costumes, and props, and maybe even some stuff from rides. I know the chance of me getting one is highly unlikely, but I'm just asking out of sheer curiosity. Thanks!
There is a company down here that buys a lot of that stuff and resells it but I can't remember their name. Also there is a store for cast members here on property that I have seen things in on occasion. They also sell a lot of Disney equipment, vehicles, golf carts etc. but again it's to cast members. Outsiders can sign up as vendors but there is a paperwork process for that. For one or two odd items it would be easier to have a cast member bring you in if you know one.

JIMINYCR

You can also find items on E-bay being sold by people, some cast members or ex cast members. I've looked every once in a while and gotten some nice items for my home. You have to be choosy because many park signs and other hard to find Disney items can be very expensive.

Jiggs

You can also find items on E-bay being sold by people, some cast members or ex cast members. I've looked every once in a while and gotten some nice items for my home. You have to be choosy because many park signs and other hard to find Disney items can be very expensive.
Cool! Which ones do you have?

Jiggs

Because we collect Jiminy things, we have several park signs that feature a Jiminy face or body. Anything with Jiminy can be difficult to find so when we do find something the prices are usually high.
Oof, got any pics? Just curious. I really wish i could have some Goofy Themed Items, because he's my favorite disney Character, but The shop doesnt seem to have many.

EOD K9

Dang, that musta hurt, how much did you pay for it?
IIRC, it was about $150. It wasn't terrible. Its funny though, once you get it in the light, you realize how dirty those seats are. You can tell they are purple on the ride, but once home, wow.

Taylor?

Original Poster
IIRC, it was about $150. It wasn't terrible. Its funny though, once you get it in the light, you realize how dirty those seats are. You can tell they are purple on the ride, but once home, wow.

Probably just the fact they hadn't been cleaned in a bit.

SeaCastle

We have found some neat items on eBay (search "Disney prop" or something more specific), but you have to be careful because some stuff is junk, others have dubious authenticity, and others are duplicates of props/blueprints that are being sold at very high prices. Some body may be charging hundreds of dollars for a generic piece of furniture despite having a few dozen in a warehouse somewhere and is selling them as being from the Grand Floridian. Similarly somebody may be selling a ride operations manual for $150, even though they have virtually unlimited copies as a PDF. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but it is definitely worthwhile to be discerning.

Jim Buck

There is a guy in KY that has a lot of stuff from the hotels. I have all of the room furniture from Wilderness Lodge. He buys it from Disney when they rehab. You can find him on ebay, he name is Godbey, might have a number after it but a search of his name or Disney stuff will likely turn him up. He has more than he posts on ebay so hit him up if you are looking for something. he is very fair and reasonable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom