How Disney can get Marvel for WDW

General Mayhem

That is what they will do, it does not matter about that as it was harder for them to build SWGE and TSL as they had to remove lots more.
The expansion room is possible as Disney would rather do that as they don’t care about that labor work
No it is not, SWGE and TSL took up existing park space, it did not expand into the wild life or roadways. You people are incredibly naive if you think they would go through all those ridiculous hurdles for a brand they have basically created garbage for in the parks. The expansion room you speak of outside of maybe some parking is not going to happen. The 3 other parks have much more accessible expansion plots which would require much less relocation and demolition.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Disney would not spend the money to expand in those areas. That would require the removal of more forest/swamp areas, parking (a lot of which was just added), an entire reworking of the entrance roadways, not to mention the entire Muppets courtyard would have to be sacrificed. It would not happen with the current administration.

They wouldn't have gone through the trouble of releasing that area from the conservation easement if they didn't plan to develop on it someday. Wouldn't be that much more expensive to expand into those areas then it would be for any other type of park expansion. I am not saying they are going to do a Marvel or other expansion any time soon, but for DHS that the next logical path to expand the footprint of the park.

General Mayhem

They wouldn't have gone through the trouble of releasing that area from the conservation easement if they didn't plan to develop on it someday. Wouldn't be that much more expensive to expand into those areas then it would be for any other type of park expansion.
Look if you want to continue having this wet dream fantasy of yours be my guest. The only thing I see happening with those areas is becoming a parking expansion in case Star Wars was a huge hit (which based off Cali won't be the case).

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Look if you want to continue having this wet dream fantasy of yours be my guest. The only thing I see happening with those areas is becoming a parking expansion in case Star Wars was a huge hit (which based off Cali won't be the case).

What "wet dream fantasy"? That Disney may decide to expand a park someday into land that they spent considerable effort removing from conservation protection? I am not saying an expansion is imminent or will ever happen, I am just countering your argument that DHS has no room to expand.

I think you are naïve to believe that Disney will never expand the footprint of DHS.

Tank Man

Original Poster
No it is not, SWGE and TSL took up existing park space, it did not expand into the wild life or roadways. You people are incredibly naive if you think they would go through all those ridiculous hurdles for a brand they have basically created garbage for in the parks. The expansion room you speak of outside of maybe some parking is not going to happen. The 3 other parks have much more accessible expansion plots which would require much less relocation and demolition.
I mean that by into the area that the tram tour was, did you know how much they had to remove for that to go there

John C. Shepherd

I have a feeling Disney isnt worried as they are getting their cuts from the parks, merchandise and other things. Plus they have Dump trucks of money coming in for the Films.

Tank Man

Original Poster
I have a feeling Disney isnt worried as they are getting their cuts from the parks, merchandise and other things. Plus they have Dump trucks of money coming in for the Films.
Yeah,
Comcast would like to get money from Disney as maybe Disney and marvel could use the money gained from the MCU films alone, they already earned 10 billion.

Tank Man

Original Poster
Why would Comcast want to help Disney. That’s just dumb.
But also one thing is that Comcast could make Disney pay for the replacement of MSI (Marvel Superhero Island) as it shows in about a decade they might be done with it. Also that would help Universal as they are going to change a lot of IoA and MSI is on that list in about a decade. Having Disney pay for it plus more would help Universal as they won’t need to worry about costs as Disney would have to pay for it.
Or obviously Universal would want to trade the rights for a Fox IP for a marvel character as they know they can’t use them all which is most likely.
We already know of the rumor for Alein and Predator get traded for black Panther, Universal only have him on a mural and that won’t damage them.

lazyboy97o

But also one thing is that Comcast could make Disney pay for the replacement of MSI (Marvel Superhero Island) as it shows in about a decade they might be done with it. Also that would help Universal as they are going to change a lot of IoA and MSI is on that list in about a decade. Having Disney pay for it plus more would help Universal as they won’t need to worry about costs as Disney would have to pay for it.
Or obviously Universal would want to trade the rights for a Fox IP for a marvel character as they know they can’t use them all which is most likely.
We already know of the rumor for Alein and Predator get traded for black Panther, Universal only have him on a mural and that won’t damage them.
Universal is perfectly content with the Marvel agreement. People have been claiming that the land is on the future chopping block in the next decade for a decade now. Universal really is not bothered by licensing, they’re building a third land licensed from AT&T in Orlando, a company with whom they compete with in media and telecommunication.

Frank the Tank

Comcast trading Black Panther for Alien and Predator would be like trading the New York Yankees for a minor league baseball team. The current market value isn’t even in the same ballpark (pun intended).

Even then, the value of Universal keeping that Marvel IP away from Disney use in Orlando is worth as much or more than Universal’s own use for that IP. So, Comcast isn’t looking for just the value of Marvel IP plus replacement costs for Superhero Island, but the very specific value of Disney NOT having that Marvel IP (arguably the most valuable IP to potentially exploit in the world right now outside of Mickey Mouse himself) to use in the theme park arms race. Essentially, Comcast is inherently never going to accept what Disney would be willing to pay.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Comcast trading Black Panther for Alien and Predator would be like trading the New York Yankees for a minor league baseball team. The current market value isn’t even in the same ballpark (pun intended).

Even then, the value of Universal keeping that Marvel IP away from Disney use in Orlando is worth as much or more than Universal’s own use for that IP. So, Comcast isn’t looking for just the value of Marvel IP plus replacement costs for Superhero Island, but the very specific value of Disney NOT having that Marvel IP (arguably the most valuable IP to potentially exploit in the world right now outside of Mickey Mouse himself) to use in the theme park arms race. Essentially, Comcast is inherently never going to accept what Disney would be willing to pay.
This is unfortunately the truth.

HongKongFu

I personally witnesses someone at guest relations begging to be reimbursed for one day tickets he purchased to Hollywood Studios thinking it was where Harry Potter was.

1)If that is indicative of how uniformed you are in life I'm not sure how you can be helped

2) Since Potter is so important as to get you to beg for a refund then you would think that you would know where to find it.

Note:
"you" = anyone similarly situated as a standout ignoramus like the refund seeker and not you, hakuna.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member

The Alien/Black Panther rumor has very little credibility.

FettFan

I believe Disney would trade IP’s as I know they won’t use Simpsons, Aliens or Predators in the parks.

You never know....

With Disney's new working relationship with James Cameron courtesy of 20th Century Fox and Avatar, I wouldn't be surprised if sometime down the road an Colonial Marines-themed attraction pops up at DHS. Minus the more gruesome parts of the franchise of course.
Case in point - Aliens: Ride at the Speed of Fright motion theater show. (co-produced by Iwerks Entertainment, no less!)

No chest-bursting, but plenty of Alien-themed adventure with a squad of ultimate bad@$$eS just itching for a bug hunt.

And Predator probably wouldn't be too harsh for the parks either. Once again, we don't need to see blood and guts, but the fact that the GMR featured a gangster who was vaporized into a skeleton right before your eyes, and the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular features a Nazi getting bloodlessly shredded by an airplane propeller tells me that having an Alien vs. Predator vs. USCM ride where you are new recruits to the USCM and are armed with pulse rifles and smart guns wouldn't be too terrible.

Tank Man

Original Poster
You never know....

With Disney's new working relationship with James Cameron courtesy of 20th Century Fox and Avatar, I wouldn't be surprised if sometime down the road an Colonial Marines-themed attraction pops up at DHS. Minus the more gruesome parts of the franchise of course.
Case in point - Aliens: Ride at the Speed of Fright motion theater show. (co-produced by Iwerks Entertainment, no less!)

No chest-bursting, but plenty of Alien-themed adventure with a squad of ultimate bad@$$eS just itching for a bug hunt.

And Predator probably wouldn't be too harsh for the parks either. Once again, we don't need to see blood and guts, but the fact that the GMR featured a gangster who was vaporized into a skeleton right before your eyes, and the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular features a Nazi getting bloodlessly shredded by an airplane propeller tells me that having an Alien vs. Predator vs. USCM ride where you are new recruits to the USCM and are armed with pulse rifles and smart guns wouldn't be too terrible.

Now I can see Disney using those IP’s,
Probably not for a major attraction as
They are up to $70B now. Just give it time.
I am honest here,
I bet they would try to push Comcast into doing it once they earn back some money.
But right now I believe they have their eyes on Sony, they probably can’t buy them because they are to big (even though AT&T is bigger).
Ever since the Sony-Disney Spidey divorce disney is going to do what ever they can to bring Spider Man back

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom