How difficult is it to reserve 7 months out?

dividedsky319

Original Poster
We're thinking of buying into Copper Creek but it's unlikely we will always stay there due to us needing a two bedroom villa for our party of 5 - for the next 10ish years it's likely we would look at either the Polynesian (Deluxe Studio) or Animal Kingdom (1BR Villa). Our visits would probably be a mix between choice season and magic season.

Is it difficult to get rooms like that since we wouldn't be able to book until 7 months out instead of 11?

nickys

Premium Member
We're thinking of buying into Copper Creek but it's unlikely we will always stay there due to us needing a two bedroom villa for our party of 5 - for the next 10ish years it's likely we would look at either the Polynesian (Deluxe Studio) or Animal Kingdom (1BR Villa). Our visits would probably be a mix between choice season and magic season.

Is it difficult to get rooms like that since we wouldn't be able to book until 7 months out instead of 11?

The choice season is a very popular time for DVC; low points plus food and wine means it can be hard to find much at all 7 months out.

My advice is to buy where you want to stay. It's truer now than ever before. There a few possible reasons, a large number of people buying only enough points for a studio; the points sold at Poly and CC include the bungalows and cabins which very few people have enough points to stay in so all those members are fighting for other accomodation.

At the very least, buy where you wouldn't mind staying, so that you can book at 11 months and know you can go. Then try to switch at 7 months. Research the resorts - it looks like you've narrowed it down, which is great.

If you want to buy direct to get the Member benefits then ask what else is available. Hold your ground, they don't actively promote the other resorts that are sold out but they can get points through the ROFR process (right of first refusal). But also look into the resale market.

correcaminos

Polynesian will be more difficult than AKL no matter what. During Choice Season, I would say PVB will be nearly impossible at 7 months. Epcot area resorts book up first during F&WF followed by monorail resorts. If you want to stay at PVB, then I would buy at PVB.

AKL on the other hand shouldn't be an issue as long as you are good with Kidani and savanna views.

I would not buy at CCV unless you want to stay there. Always buy where you want to stay most. Be happy if you can go elsewhere :)

slappy magoo

Only slightly off-topic, I tagged along with relatives on q short trip last year, our first night was a Poly Studio then we moved to a Beach Club 1BR (I only stayed one more night, they stayed longer). I slept on the sleeper sofa. It was a party of 5, though one of the kids was under 3.

It was a tight fit in the Poly Studio. For one night it was fine but I really don't know if I'd be thrilled for a long stay there in a party of 5. Your mileage may vary of course.

correcaminos

Only slightly off-topic, I tagged along with relatives on q short trip last year, our first night was a Poly Studio then we moved to a Beach Club 1BR (I only stayed one more night, they stayed longer). I slept on the sleeper sofa. It was a party of 5, though one of the kids was under 3.

It was a tight fit in the Poly Studio. For one night it was fine but I really don't know if I'd be thrilled for a long stay there in a party of 5. Your mileage may vary of course.
Heck we find a party of 3 feeling tight in a 1 bedroom at times. I think it does vary. Though we're thrilled with 3 in 2 studios connecting at PVB... odd but true :)

slappy magoo

Heck we find a party of 3 feeling tight in a 1 bedroom at times. I think it does vary. Though we're thrilled with 3 in 2 studios connecting at PVB... odd but true :)
Well if you're talking about connecting rooms versus jamming everyone in one room, much different story.

correcaminos

Well if you're talking about connecting rooms versus jamming everyone in one room, much different story.
Oh definitely. We'd be okay with one for the 3 of us, but we do like our space. If we were commando types 1 room for 5 would work there. Some really like being that close.

pdude81

FOr the OP:
- What does your group of 5 look like? (Adult/child breakdown)
- Do you anticipate more being added to that list down the line?
- Are you looking to buy direct regardless of resort, or only if you go with CCV?
- Do you have any intention of using a full kitchen in your vacations moving forward?

2BR at CCV is only a few more points than 2 rooms at the Polynesian. Sure you can get 5 people in one, but that's not going to be very comfortable with the couch pulled out all the time. Great if you out at the parks or pool all day, but pretty tight. Animal Kingdom could work well, and since you're ok that as an all-bus resort you could also consider Old Key West. They can do 5 in a 1BR but the 2BRs there are pretty low on points.

mousefan1972

My kind of peeps... we book a 2 BR for our family of 4. Just thinking about cramming the 4 of us in a studio gives me the shakes.

slappy magoo

My kind of peeps... we book a 2 BR for our family of 4. Just thinking about cramming the 4 of us in a studio gives me the shakes.
Sometimes I wish we were a little more comfortable in more confining quarters - 1BR Villas often being right around twice as many points as a studio, we'd get much more time at WDW if we opted for studios. But we like the extra space...we REALLY like having the washer/dryer in the room...we often stay at VAK and BLT so we get the extra bathroom...but considering SSR is our home resort we could get a 2BR/2BA unit there for fewer points than a 1BR Lake View at BLT...kitchen's a bit of a wash as we don't cook but the extra fridge space can come in handy with beverages or possible leftovers...I guess even though it's still smaller than our regular home it just feels more comfortable and "home-y" when the adults and the kids can separate and decompress...

correcaminos

Same for us now. We're planning a trip for 4 next year and definitely doing a 2 bedroom. Going for 3 full bathrooms as well if we can LOL

t much more time at WDW if we opted for studios. But we like the extra space...we REALLY like having the washer/dryer in the room...we often stay at VAK and BLT so we get the extra bathroom...but considering SSR is our home resort we could get a 2BR/2BA unit there for fewer points than a 1BR Lake View at BLT...kitchen's a bit of a wash as we don't cook but the extra fridge space can come in handy with beverages or possible leftovers...I guess even though it's still smaller than our regular home it just feels more comfort

Oddly the washer and dryer aren't a big deal for me. It's nice to come home with clean clothes, but that's about it. For us it is all about space and being comfortable. Though I will say I prefer lake view at PVB just to make sure the washer and dryer is in our area just in case LOL

slappy magoo

Same for us now. We're planning a trip for 4 next year and definitely doing a 2 bedroom. Going for 3 full bathrooms as well if we can LOL

Oddly the washer and dryer aren't a big deal for me. It's nice to come home with clean clothes, but that's about it. For us it is all about space and being comfortable. Though I will say I prefer lake view at PVB just to make sure the washer and dryer is in our area just in case LOL
For us it's about packing less...AND coming home with much less laundry to do.

Phonedave

Sometimes I wish we were a little more comfortable in more confining quarters - 1BR Villas often being right around twice as many points as a studio, we'd get much more time at WDW if we opted for studios. But we like the extra space...we REALLY like having the washer/dryer in the room...we often stay at VAK and BLT so we get the extra bathroom...but considering SSR is our home resort we could get a 2BR/2BA unit there for fewer points than a 1BR Lake View at BLT...kitchen's a bit of a wash as we don't cook but the extra fridge space can come in handy with beverages or possible leftovers...I guess even though it's still smaller than our regular home it just feels more comfortable and "home-y" when the adults and the kids can separate and decompress...

Even when just my wife and I go without our kids, we prefer a 1BR.

The washer / dryer is a bid difference, and we usually eat breakfast in the room. While we can do toast or bagels and coffee in the kitchenette, having the full kitchen allows for eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc. We also like the feel of having a living room and a bed room, makes it feel like a home more than a hotel room. Of course the almost double the points is hard to justify.

-dave

slappy magoo

Even when just my wife and I go without our kids, we prefer a 1BR.

The washer / dryer is a bid difference, and we usually eat breakfast in the room. While we can do toast or bagels and coffee in the kitchenette, having the full kitchen allows for eggs, bacon, pancakes, etc. We also like the feel of having a living room and a bed room, makes it feel like a home more than a hotel room. Of course the almost double the points is hard to justify.

-dave
But the whirlpool tub isn't hard to justify. Especially on a trip with no kids. #heynowwwww

slappy magoo

Not if you have used the tubs and see how dirty the jets really are :hungover::eek:;)
My wife is an anti-bac machine. Before we are even allowed to enter the room she cleans EVERYTHING including tubs faucets jets handles, checks for bed bugs...its like she picks up the room and gives it a Karen Silkwood Shower Special.

correcaminos

My wife is an anti-bac machine. Before we are even allowed to enter the room she cleans EVERYTHING including tubs faucets jets handles, checks for bed bugs...its like she picks up the room and gives it a Karen Silkwood Shower Special.
You're supposed to clean the jets somehow as stuff gets in the jets. I don't have time for that.

It's more of the stuff in it, not germs. I'm actually very much against using anything antibacterial as it creates over sanitation issues and is not good for our immune systems. I just don't like other people's icky stuff touching me.

slappy magoo

You're supposed to clean the jets somehow as stuff gets in the jets. I don't have time for that.

It's more of the stuff in it, not germs. I'm actually very much against using anything antibacterial as it creates over sanitation issues and is not good for our immune systems. I just don't like other people's icky stuff touching me.
You could be right, but I'm guessing on a hot Florida day, any given seat on any given theme park attraction can be ickier than the bathtub in your room. Dont know if I'd bet money on it, but it wouldn't surprise me either.

correcaminos

You could be right, but I'm guessing on a hot Florida day, any given seat on any given theme park attraction can be ickier than the bathtub in your room. Dont know if I'd bet money on it, but it wouldn't surprise me either.
No, but I don't bathe in them :p

I prefer showers to baths anyway. It's better for my skin as a whole. Probably why I care more about how nice a shower is than a tub anyway

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom