How did you surprise your kid, spouse, friend, etc with a trip to WDW???

WDWmazprty

Original Poster
Thats why you do what we do and not tell the kids anything at all. Just surprise them one morning or night or whatever, and tell them you're going to DisneyWorld! If your kids are like most, they'll be surprised and ecstatic!

disneygirl1

Thats why you do what we do and not tell the kids anything at all. Just surprise them one morning or night or whatever, and tell them you're going to DisneyWorld! If your kids are like most, they'll be surprised and ecstatic!

I totally agree with you there!!! I am surprising my DS this December with a trip to Disney!! It is an early Christmas gift. He has NO idea about it at this point. We are checking into the AKL on 12/3, so I plan to tell him on or around Thanksgiving which is about a week before we leave. How I'm going to surprise him... Well I have a few ideas floating around so will see... The real surprise thou is when we get to the airport and he finds out his best friend and mom and going too!!! :sohappy:

LilWalt

A couple years ago we were planning my DS's first birthday trip there. My sister and brother-in-law had already went once that year and didn't really have the money for a second trip so for Easter we surprised them with the trip confirmation papers with their names on them.

LilWalt

My 2 year old will cry some mornings on his way to daycare cause he wants to go to Disney World. So we are going this September. He is still too young to really grasp the whole thing yet but will love it when we get there.

NadieMasK2

A few years ago we surprised our 2 girls, age 16 and 9, in October. About 2 days before we left we took them shopping for Halloween costumes at one of those fly-by-night stores. They had been looking for a few minutes and thinking about the costumes, and then I reached in my pocket and pulled out 2 tickets to MNSSHP and said "just make sure your costumes are Disney-friendly". They started screaming and jumping up and down in the aisle! It was priceless. And yes, it is VERY hard to keep a secret, especially since the 16 yr old kept asking to go to a friends Halloween party and I had to keep coming up with excuses why she couldn't go. It was a fantastic trip.

Iakona

When my son was 7 I woke him up at 3 am and told him we were going to Star Wars Weekends at WDW. He was not happy when I first woke him up but when I mentioned WDW he went from asleep to wide awake with an enormous amount of energy adn a massive smile!

This past May my wife and I picked up my 8 year old step-son from school at 11:30 am. he thought he waqs going to the Drs untile he saw the luggage. We then went to the middle school to pick up my step-sone and my son. My son was all confused because it was not yet my week to have him and he was called to the office to be dismissed and had no idea why. he got to the office and my step-son was there wondering why my son was there.

We got into the office and the 8 year old blurted out "We are going to Disney!" The two older boys looked at me and I said yep. Wasn't good enough because they didn't believe me and both (like it was choreographed) swiveled there heads to look at my wife and when she said Yep they got HUGE smiles.

It was our "new" family's first trip to WDW and we had an awesome time.

majorrfb

Me Too!!

I would be so flipping happy if my husband would surprise me with a trip!!:lol:

I wife asked me what I wanted for my birthday (2 years ago), I responded, get me a sweater. (This was late October and my B-day is November.) She said, how about Disney World!!? I sprinted into the house, got on the computer and booked airfare, hotel and car rental BEFORE she could change her mind. She wasn't kidding!! That trip made it our 3rd visit that year. Now you know why I was SO surprised!! :ROFLOL::sohappy:

ThinkTink721

How old are they, maybe you could find something to keep them occupied for the ride. I know when we were little our parents would always have the interstate bingo games or something planned to keep us busy when we were awake. Maybe that would help distract them on the trip down.

Our trip would take about 8 to 10 hrs.
We are planning to leave late at night so they will sleep most of the way.

msmith

For our trip this past November, I told my 4yr old son that I had to go on a business / working trip and asked if he wanted to go with me. I told him that 'mom' was going and he could go with us if he wanted as well.

If not, then he could stay home with his grandmother. He asked what kind of business was it, and would he have to work too. I replied by saying that I had to go dig ditches in Ohio, and that if he would come and help, then I could get done faster and maybe have some time to do something else fun.

He knew something was up, but we were adamant that we were heading to Ohio (we're from the New Orleans area and he knew from his U.S. map puzzle that Ohio was in the other direction from WDW).

1st indication that he knew something was up was b/c one of his classmates and best friends was following us there with his family. My son asked about why was 'Mr. K' in the car back there and were they going on a vacation too?

I told him that we weren't going on a vacation that this was in fact a work trip and I didn't know what he was talking about concerning anyone being behind us.

So we drove thru the night and stopped in the morning @ Cracker Barrel for breakfast (Ocala I think) and as we pull into our parking spot, the other family walked right in front of our car.

My son got a huge grin on his face, but didn't say anything yet... His buddy hollered 'I'm going to Disney World!!!' at which point Patrick looked at me, then looked at his friend and said he was going with his dad to do some work. He wasn't sad, didn't look angry, nothing... Just was going to help dad... My wife figured we'd had enough fun and so she gave him the choice of going to dig ditches in Ohio, or going to WDW with his buddy... He said "Disney, but can dad come with us too?!"

We told him it was a trick all along just to surprise him with the trip and he was OK with it...

He started running in circles laughing and shouting.

This year we're going to Orlando for 10 nights and he knows we're going to WDW. He does not however know about the 2nd half of the trip. We try to make two trips a year (one to WDW and one to USO), but this year we decided to only make the drive once so we're spending 7 days onsite @ WDW and then when it is time to pack up and go home we're going to 'get lost' and stop @ the Royal Pacific / Universal to 'ask for directions'.

He was there last June and looks at the pictures from the trip occasionally, so he should recognize the hotel and know pretty quickly where we are.

wellsdisney

surprised kids!!

We surprised the kids one year at Christmas. We let them open all their
presents before producing a smallish box. Inside we'd put in a Walt Disney World Guide book, some dollars and an airline ticket!! Their faces were a picture....especially as we were leaving England for Disney just 3 days later!! Now that was a Christmas we'll never forget!!!:xmas:

EvilQueen-T

my christmas gift from my husband last year was a trip for my sister and i to wdw. so to surprise her i had t-shrits made and that's what she opened for one of her birthday gifts mid november. so now she's turning 40 this november and we're going back but i had to have a tshirt made again... on the back this one says hi my name is xxx and i'm having my 40th birthday at wdw... yell at me.

Tiggerfanatic

I planned a surprise trip for my niece6 and nephew9 in December '08.

Thanksgiving dinner was at my house, and I always have my Christmas tree up. I wrapped up a Birnbaums Kid's Guide to Disney along with 2 envelopes of Disney Dollars. On the front of the card, I taped a note from Mickey telling them to turn to page 19 in the book, which is the planning page and I had filled in some of the blanks, along with the date of our upcoming trip. Since Hannah couldn't ready very well yet, I had Stephen read the pages out loud while we all watched. You could tell the exact moment when it sank in just what was going on!! They were so excited! I then produced packages for them with new clothes, autograph books, pin lanyards and pins and Disney backpacks.

I was glad I didn't wait until the last minute to tell them. They didn't have too long to wait, and were able to take plan in some fo the planning.

Walt Disney1955

I actually had to persuade my wife to go there for the first time. I told her how much she'd love it. She was skeptical. We now laugh about it. So yeah, I guess I didn't really surprise her at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom