How did Disney do this?

hftmrock

Original Poster
Here is the situation.. We were at Disney for the week of New Years. We were on property, had the Disney Bands and had fastpass+. We did not do the memory maker.

On 12/31 , we went on the 7 dwarf mine train and we did not use our fastpass at all. later that evening we saw on the My Disney Experience App under Disney PhotoPass pictures from the ride and 2 videos. How did Disney find us and link it to us if we didnt use the fastpass? is it all face recognition?

Tom

Beta Return
Here is the situation.. We were at Disney for the week of New Years. We were on property, had the Disney Bands and had fastpass+. We did not do the memory maker.

On 12/31 , we went on the 7 dwarf mine train and we did not use our fastpass at all. later that evening we saw on the My Disney Experience App under Disney PhotoPass pictures from the ride and 2 videos. How did Disney find us and link it to us if we didnt use the fastpass? is it all face recognition?

The Magic Bands have two RFID chips in them. One is passive, and is only read by touch-points (credit card machines, park entrances, Fastpass orbs). The other uses a battery to transmit a signal. There are sensors next to on-ride cameras that "see" your band, and instantly link it to the photo being taken. Then, it just gets linked to your MDE account since your band is linked.

RonAnnArbor

It apparently also works with KTTK cards since I refuse to use magic bands at all - and I STILL get my photo taken on some of the rides...

RonAnnArbor

No absolutely not -- I always go by myself, I keep my key card in my wallet -- I have never even brought a Magic Band with me to Orlando (I have about 30 of them hanging in a chain on my den wall) -- and every single trip there are photos on My Disney Experience from 7 Dwarfs and Tower of Terror. Every single trip.

ToInfinityAndBeyond

No absolutely not -- I always go by myself, I keep my key card in my wallet -- I have never even brought a Magic Band with me to Orlando (I have about 30 of them hanging in a chain on my den wall) -- and every single trip there are photos on My Disney Experience from 7 Dwarfs and Tower of Terror. Every single trip.

Hmm. I wonder if the scanners on the photo part of that ride can pick up your key card? That would be linked to your account.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom