How could FOP be #3 ???

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I was provided a list of the most popular Fast Pass Rides/Attractions in each park. The source is a link relating to touringplans.com
As I look at the list which puts the most frequently Fast Passed Rides at the top ....
For Animal Kingdom it looks like this:
1) Kilimanjaro Safari
2)Na'vi River Journey
3)Avatar Flight of Passage
4)Expedition Everest
5)Adventures Outpost
6)Rivers of Light
7)Kali River Rapids
8)Dinosaur
I am a daily poster on WDWMagic and it seems to me that Avatar Flight of Passage is the most coveted ride.
I was shocked to see it ranked #3.
.............................and please tell me about Rivers of Light vs Adventures Outpost.
I know nothing about both but from the titles I have a hunch my wife would prefer Rivers of Light over Adventures Outpost.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! :);):cool::happy:
Steve

Gillyanne

I pass on FOP (and EE) b/c of my motion sickness. So that topped with a little one, KS is def my top go to for FP+

As for ROL and Outpost. ROL is the night time show, Outpost is a M&G with Mickey and Minnie in their safari gear.

::edited to add:: and as I think of my own reasons, and seeing NRJ is #2, I'd say the height requirement may be another factor in it being 3. More families with little ones who can't ride, and don't do Rider switch may opt for the ride the whole family can ride together.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
It is probably just means that the Safari has higher capacity, and therefore more Fastpasses are given out for it.

Flight of Passage is likely still the most coveted Fastpass, but if the number available is lower, less people will be able to use Fastpass for that attraction.
I see. Thanks.

Gillyanne

What's it like that would cause motion sickness?

From what I understand it's 3-D pictures/video and moving? yeah I can't do that. Even w/o the 3-d I had to stop doing rides like BTTF at universal (probably the last time I rode one of the sort). Usually if I'm moving and have to "focus" on an aspect of the ride at the same time it'll make me sick. Even TSMM can be iffy for me (I usually close my eyes while we're moving to the next screen) or things like trying to read/look at my phone while riding in a car make it worse than just the riding part. Soaring itself is pushing it, though worse case I come off the tiniest bit queasy.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
From what I understand it's 3-D pictures/video and moving? yeah I can't do that. Even w/o the 3-d I had to stop doing rides like BTTF at universal (probably the last time I rode one of the sort). Usually if I'm moving and have to "focus" on an aspect of the ride at the same time it'll make me sick. Even TSMM can be iffy for me (I usually close my eyes while we're moving to the next screen) or things like trying to read/look at my phone while riding in a car make it worse than just the riding part. Soaring itself is pushing it, though worse case I come off the tiniest bit queasy.
Ok...that is helpful. I read what you said and what Tony the Tiger said. I think I am not as sensitive as you and I will be fine. Thank you for your post :)

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
River of Light I was told earlier in this thread is a night time show. Hmm....please tell me about why one would fast pass this show. How does it help since it is not a ride?

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
To get a (good?) seat. The same way people get a fast pass for Magic Kingdom fireworks, illuminations, etc.
Ok. I have never fastpassed anything in advance. My last fast pass was PRE wrist bands. Back then we created one IN the park on the actual day we were there. So....The Rivers of Light Show is good???? .....and a " good seat" is really a good seat?? If no fast pass maybe you can't see well?

Last edited:

Msinnott43

Ok. I have never fastpassed anything in advance. My last fast pass was PRE wrist bands. Back then we created one IN the park on the actual day we were there. So....The Rivers of Light Show is good???? .....and a " good seat" is really a good seat?? If no fast pass maybe you can't see well?

If you don’t want to waste a fast pass and have the dining plan doing tusker or tiffins you get a tick to river of lights.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Oh No....I have a Yak and Yeti dinner reservation at 7:15pm.
That means we will miss the River of Lights Show?
What time would you suppose is that show in early November?
We will be in AK on Thurs. Nov. 8th.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
Please explain a bit more re. Tiffins or Tusker House. Thank you. We have the dining plan.
Never mind. It was explained to me on another thread that Rivers of Light will start at 6:30pm on the day we are there (Thurs. Nov. 8th)
I LOVE that our Yak and Yeti reservation is at 7:15pm because my friend on the other thread says that the show will be over by 7pm. PERFECT!!! :cool:;):):happy:

Tony the Tigger

I don't think I've been to Yak & Yeti. See how far away Rivers of Light is, it might be a hike.

I remember when we had our Rivers of Light fast pass (because the show was new, and I wanted to make sure we would get a seat) and we had to really hustle through the park and got there just in time.

I don't think you really need a fast pass for it anymore, but not 100% sure. And most seats are decent seats, kind of like Fantasmic.

Re: fastpassing the night shows: we did it for Illuminations once, they take you to a designated viewing area, but it ended up being kind of pointless, because unless you stand in line anyway to be one of the first fastpass people in the section, you still end up standing behind people. We wouldn't do that again.

Also, pretty sure if you use a fast pass on Rivers of Light, you won't be able to use one for Flight of Passage. I would definitely use your one "top tier" fast pass on Flight of Passage, if you can get one, rather than on Rivers of Light, which you should be able to just walk into.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster
I don't think I've been to Yak & Yeti. See how far away Rivers of Light is, it might be a hike.

I remember when we had our Rivers of Light fast pass (because the show was new, and I wanted to make sure we would get a seat) and we had to really hustle through the park and got there just in time.

I don't think you really need a fast pass for it anymore, but not 100% sure. And most seats are decent seats, kind of like Fantasmic.

Re: fastpassing the night shows: we did it for Illuminations once, they take you to a designated viewing area, but it ended up being kind of pointless, because unless you stand in line anyway to be one of the first fastpass people in the section, you still end up standing behind people. We wouldn't do that again.

Also, pretty sure if you use a fast pass on Rivers of Light, you won't be able to use one for Flight of Passage. I would definitely use your one "top tier" fast pass on Flight of Passage, if you can get one, rather than on Rivers of Light, which you should be able to just walk into.
Wow....your last couple of sentences are SO important.
I definitely want Flight of Passage. Why does obtaining a FOP Fast Pass prevent me from selecting a Rivers of Light FP? Just Disney's idea of what is fair? Probably.

SteveBrickNJ

Original Poster

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom