How can you ride the monorail for free?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
Or can you? The best I have heard you can do is park at Magic Kingdom or Epcot and pay, I assume, and then you have access to the monorail and the resorts around it. Obviously not to get into the parks though. Or is there another way?

Br’er Rabbit

You aren’t going to need to pay to use the monorail as you only need a ticket to enter Epcot and Magic Kingdom and the gates are after the monorail.

If you wanted to do it for free I would suggest taking the resort monorail and stopping at each of the hotels and making a day out of it.

Damon7777

The best I have heard you can do is park at Magic Kingdom or Epcot and pay

That is the best?!?!

I can't imagine what would be the worst answer.

This is just too easy to answer if you are looking for totally free rides:
Start at Disney Springs and take a bus to either Contemporary, Poly or Grand Floridian.

Yert3 knows the right way.

There are at least 2 other feasible ways, too.

lazyboy97o

Not so fast with that ......
yes and no is my take on your suggestion.

Timing means everything if you try that stunt and you should know how to speak intelligently and convincingly to the gate guard who is checking photo ID's
Your game should be fairly tight to pull that off.
Talk convincingly about what?

Walt Disney1955

Original Poster
I tried the Contemporary to park and you need to either be a guest or you need to have a reservation to park. I like that idea of taking a bus from Disney Springs though. Good idea. I wont be doing any hopping so I thought I could do a bit of exploring on the monorail. I dont think that you can get into epcot or MK without paying for parking.

Damon7777

Talk convincingly about what?

.........that you are entering a deluxe hotel and looking to park for a **legitimate** reason such as you are dining at one of the restaurants, scouting out the resort for a future stay, checking on a lost wedding ring that might have fallen off at the pool area last Tuesday..............something, anything convincing that gives you credibility to park there for a spell even though you most certainly are not a registered guest.

If you talk stupid at the gate like:
1 "I'm here to try out the pool"
2 "We want to avoid $22 dollars parking at Magic Kingdom"
3 "I am in the mood for some monorail rides " then you ain't be gettin in. Homes in charge of gate gonna make you U- turn back wheres you come; you dig?

Wow! Do I have to do it all for you guys, SHEESH! You are welcome

: )

thomas998

ha, my 1st thought was.."wait a minute, isnt the monorail free anyways?"
It is free, the trick is the parking for the easiest access isn't unless you are staying at one of the onesite resorts. If the OP is staying onsite they just need to drive to the MK or EPCOT parking lots they can ride it for free.... if they are onsite but don't have a car then just get on a bus to EPCOT or MK and then hop on the monorail, no need to pay anything to ride it. We have done that on trips where we arrived late in the afternoon and didn't want to waste a day of our tickets for a few hours... It satisfied the kids and didn't cost anything.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
Unless it is a really busy time, we have never had an issue parking at the resorts. We just say we have a reservation for dining, or if we don't we say we are just checking out the resort.

nickys

Premium Member
You aren’t going to need to pay to use the monorail as you only need a ticket to enter Epcot and Magic Kingdom and the gates are after the monorail.

If you wanted to do it for free I would suggest taking the resort monorail and stopping at each of the hotels and making a day out of it.

You have to pay to park.

nickys

Premium Member
The monorail stops outside the gate of both parks, so you don’t have to pay to park if you take one. Nor do you pay if you’re a resort guest, or if you take a bus from your resort.

But you have to pay to park, if you’re not a resort guest. Which I assumed is what this is about.

Scuttle

I tried the Contemporary to park and you need to either be a guest or you need to have a reservation to park. I like that idea of taking a bus from Disney Springs though. Good idea. I wont be doing any hopping so I thought I could do a bit of exploring on the monorail. I dont think that you can get into epcot or MK without paying for parking.
The contemporary has notoriously been the strictest with parking. Assuming since people want to take advantage of the walkway.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom