How can I become a puppeteer at Walt Disney World?

Jamesonm495

Original Poster
I want to become a puppeteer when I grow up and become a puppeteer at The Jim Henson company how can I become a puppeteer for Sweetums for Muppet Vision 3D or The Muppets for Great moments in history with the muppets?

NickMaio

Im not sure but check your local arts school in your area.
I do not think puppeteering is a post secondary study, but I could be wrong.

Smiley/OCD

When you graduate HS, try to get into the DCP, the Disney College Program. They will ask 3 areas you would want to work in, and be prepared to take whatever you get. Once there, NETWORK, NETWORK, NETWORK!!! Look on this site under the DCP for more info...People, friends AND teachers laughed at me when I said I wanted to work in radio...I hit the pavement, networked and got my dream job doing morning drive...don't be discouraged, BUT ALWAYS have a plan B...I'm glad I did...GOOD LUCK!!!

DisneyDoctor

Go for it.... Have fun finding your passion.
You can have a career in almost anything....don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
I mean... I suppose. It's important to be realistic, though. I know this a WDW forum and we all believe in magic to some degree, but things start to get a little dicey when let our passion for Disney blend with our careers.

Maybe I'm speaking out of fear of my own career and passion for Disney.. Sure, I'd love to pack up and try to make it at Disney. But why don't I? Fear I suppose. Money too. I wish I had a better reason.

Who knows, kid, maybe you ought to go for it. Just think real hard about it and don't limit yourself.

Smiley/OCD

I mean... I suppose. It's important to be realistic, though. I know this a WDW forum and we all believe in magic to some degree, but things start to get a little dicey when let our passion for Disney blend with our careers.

Maybe I'm speaking out of fear of my own career and passion for Disney.. Sure, I'd love to pack up and try to make it at Disney. But why don't I? Fear I suppose. Money too. I wish I had a better reason.

Who knows, kid, maybe you ought to go for it. Just think real hard about it and don't limit yourself.
I'd rather go for it and fail than live my whole life saying shoulda, woulda, coulda...if you're going to try something you're passionate about, do it when you're young...don't be discouraged...GO FOR IT!!!

DisneyDoctor

I'd rather go for it and fail than live my whole life saying shoulda, woulda, coulda...if you're going to try something you're passionate about, do it when you're young...don't be discouraged...GO FOR IT!!!
I respect that point of view so much. It's such a scary thing to navigate, though. Especially at such a young age.

jumpinjamie

Disneyauditions.com has puppeteer casting calls now and then. They also perform as full body characters in parades/shows.
I have actually heard that Disney prefers training a puppeteer their own way vs. somebody who has alot of experience with another company. I have been a puppeteer and Muppet fan for a long time and was friends with some Muppeteers before they got their jobs. Keep at it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom