How can all Moderate Disney Hotels be booked?

Mariann Hansen

Original Poster
For the last 6 weeks I have been trying to get 1 room at Disney Port Orleans - French Quarter for Nov. 13th through 18, 2017. I log into their website numerous times throughout the day - Everyday, and nothing is ever available at the hotel. Today when I checked the Disney reservation site it showed EVERY Disney hotel was unavailable. I called the reservation number and they said all the rooms were booked and nothing was available. Is anyone aware of a huge event that is happening during that week? Is the Disney website up-to-date or broken? This seems so odd and I am frustrated with this process.

Is anyone else having trouble making hotel reservations?

wagnerdanp

Try searching different combinations of nights. I was trying to get a room at Pop Century the week of Dec 9 to the 17th. Nothing was available, however I started searching in smaller chunk sizes and end up making about 6 hotel reservations (some of them for one night only). Disney’s reservation system is really not that good. I now need to call them to get them to merge it all into one reservation. Very annoying but it worked.

Mariann Hansen

Original Poster
Try searching different combinations of nights. I was trying to get a room at Pop Century the week of Dec 9 to the 17th. Nothing was available, however I started searching in smaller chunk sizes and end up making about 6 hotel reservations (some of them for one night only). Disney’s reservation system is really not that good. I now need to call them to get them to merge it all into one reservation. Very annoying but it worked.
Thank you for the advice...I will give it a try..

DisAl

For the last 6 weeks I have been trying to get 1 room at Disney Port Orleans - French Quarter for Nov. 13th through 18, 2017. I log into their website numerous times throughout the day - Everyday, and nothing is ever available at the hotel. Today when I checked the Disney reservation site it showed EVERY Disney hotel was unavailable. I called the reservation number and they said all the rooms were booked and nothing was available. Is anyone aware of a huge event that is happening during that week? Is the Disney website up-to-date or broken? This seems so odd and I am frustrated with this process.

Is anyone else having trouble making hotel reservations?
I don't find it odd at all that you can't get a room at one of the most popular moderate resorts less than two months before your trip. And not too surprising that all of the moderates are booked if some of the promotions they have been running impact those dates. There have been discussions several times on these boards for the last two or three months about no room availability.

Last edited:

Mista C

This does not surprise me either. I'm staying at the POFQ in 6 days and I made that reservation back at the beginning of summer. At the time I made the reservation there was limited availability!

DisneyJoe

Also not surprising since 2 of the 4 moderates (CSR and CBR) have major renovations going on, reducing availability at those resorts as well as making them less desirable and thus guests are moving to the 2 Port Orleans resorts.

Pixieish

Also keep in mind that some people make multiple resort reservations so they can take their time in deciding which they'd like to stay at and they cancel one just in time to avoid paying a fee. It's 45 days prior to arrival, I think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom