How busy are the early Halloween parties?

J Hedge

I know in the past the first MNSSHP of the season has been really crowded, but what are the chances the second party will be crazy? I've read where the last few years the parties were selling out at 30,000 people & I'm not sure it would be worth it. We're thinking about going on the 20th.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
They don't sell out, but they keep upping the quota. Main Street and Fantasy Land are the busiest locations because it is so tight there. After the first parade it quiets down quite a bit. After the fireworks it gets even less crowded. Ride wise with the exception of 7DMT everything is 10 minutes or less, and then becomes walk on later in the evening.

Upvote 0

Janir

I'll
They don't sell out, but they keep upping the quota. Main Street and Fantasy Land are the busiest locations because it is so tight there. After the first parade it quiets down quite a bit. After the fireworks it gets even less crowded. Ride wise with the exception of 7DMT everything is 10 minutes or less, and then becomes walk on later in the evening.
I'll second everything momothingie said. Main street and fantasy land are the busiest, and with the exception of 7DMT, 5-10 minute wait for Fantasy land rides. The charter meet and greets are shorter than equivalents in the daytime, but longer overall. Maybe 30 minutes? But you get to meet characters, and get pics that normally don't have Meet and Greets, like the 7 dwarves. :) And the Trick or Treating, everyone gets a bag. Its fun, as an adult, if you follow the guidelines, you can go in some costume. DW and I will be there for the 2nd party Aug 23rd, which happens to be our wedding anniversary so zombie bride and groom costumes for us. :)

Upvote 0

JohnD

I'll

I'll second everything momothingie said. Main street and fantasy land are the busiest, and with the exception of 7DMT, 5-10 minute wait for Fantasy land rides. The charter meet and greets are shorter than equivalents in the daytime, but longer overall. Maybe 30 minutes? But you get to meet characters, and get pics that normally don't have Meet and Greets, like the 7 dwarves. :) And the Trick or Treating, everyone gets a bag. Its fun, as an adult, if you follow the guidelines, you can go in some costume. DW and I will be there for the 2nd party Aug 23rd, which happens to be our wedding anniversary so zombie bride and groom costumes for us. :)

Okay, I'll give you wedding anniversary. But outside of a special reason to go in August, I just wouldn't. Too hot!

Upvote 0

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I'll

I bring my own bag. Those Disney provides are too small.

Upvote 0

mouse_luv

In recent years, most parties are full and at crazy capacities. It doesn't matter when you go (we've tried all different times). They allow too many people in now and it's not enjoyable as it was say 5 or so years ago.

Upvote 0

J Hedge

Original Poster
In recent years, most parties are full and at crazy capacities. It doesn't matter when you go (we've tried all different times). They allow too many people in now and it's not enjoyable as it was say 5 or so years ago.
Yeah, this is what concerns me. We did our first MVMCP last year & it wasn't too bad, but it was still more crowded than I'd expected. I think they'd capped tickets for the Christmas party at 20,000, & with the Halloween party at 30,000 I'm just not sure it'd be worth it.

But it's a moot point now - the rest of the fam aren't showing any interest in a Halloween party 2+ months ahead of Halloween...
Thanks to everyone for the responses, though.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom