How bad is the Wilderness Lodge construction?

Braiden Lee

anyone been lately?
I was there the second week of March. Took a break from my family and headed to my favorite hotel (we didn't stay there this time).

About half of the hotel is under construction. Additionally so is the old playground/beach area where you were able to rent boats and bicycles many years ago. Let me see if I can figure out how to upload some pictures I took from my phone.

Braiden Lee

Here

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 288
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    206.7 KB · Views: 265
I have not been, but the construction is major and will be ongoing until sometime in 2017. They are building lakefront cabins (similar to the bungalows at Polynesian) on either side of the hotel and doing work at the Villas.
The scaffolding on the main building has supposedly been removed. People online have been saying a lot of landscaping near the Villas and on the northern side of the hotel has been cleared away in preparation for building the cabins. The upside to this is a clearer view of Cinderella's Castle/Fireworks from the north facing, upper floor rooms at the Lodge. But you would also have a view of the construction site frim the same rooms, and maybe more noise during working hours.
The main pool and splash pad are open, and the boat to MK will continue to run service. The Spa and Kids Club are currently closed, but you will be allowed to access a spa at another resort, if desired. The beach area, walking trail, Villas pool and playground are all out of service. If you are staying Club Level, the lobby has been temporarily relocated to a Presidential Suite.
One upside to all this: the hotel will be less crowded since some rooms are being worked on.

alliemoose

We were there in January for the first time. Even with the construction, the resort was beautiful! Now we can't compare it to what it looked like before construction, so if you've been there before, you could be disappointed.

We stayed in the Villas and could see the lake from our room since it looks like a lot of trees were taken down. It was relaxing, even with a bulldozer over to the side. I can say this is my new favorite resort.

disneygirl1

Any idea when the construction is supposed to be complete in 2017? Already thinking ahead to our winter trip in 2017, most likely November and WL has always been a place I wanted to stay, just don't want to stay there during a ton of construction.

cindy_k

On the upside also, I was able to book a DVC stay only 3 months out, for the first time in forever, for Memorial Day weekend too.
I will have to deal with the construction but I am prepared for it, so its all good.
I dropped by the resort for a visit last month, so I will be curious to see what has changed when I go in less than 60 days.

jenos0524

On the upside also, I was able to book a DVC stay only 3 months out, for the first time in forever, for Memorial Day weekend too.
I will have to deal with the construction but I am prepared for it, so its all good.
I dropped by the resort for a visit last month, so I will be curious to see what has changed when I go in less than 60 days.
Please share some pictures/updates with us when you get back! Hoop you have a great stay...

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Our FB page (Humphrey's Unofficial Wilderness Lodge Pages) has pics up on the new/temporary Club Level lounge.
Oooooh must see....I still remember the old food service prior to Old Faithful.....planning to go this Fall....will check out your pics THANKS!

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Ok Humprey saw the nice pics but where oh where is the new temporary food lounge located? Can you tell me more about the concierge level and its construction impacts? Is this lounge in a room? Do they have a whole wing shut down?

Cowboy Steve

Any idea when the construction is supposed to be complete in 2017? Already thinking ahead to our winter trip in 2017, most likely November and WL has always been a place I wanted to stay, just don't want to stay there during a ton of construction.
We had looked at WL for our trip this year in late November/early December... but with the construction at the pool area scheduled for during that time, decided to pass. With a planned 'rest' day in the middle of our trip we wanted to be able to vegetate around a pool for part of the day lol. We have always stayed at moderate resorts, but thought we might like to try the WL. Most of the deluxe resorts are just too expensive. Can't really justify the cost for no more time than we spend at the room. But WL is the cheapest of the deluxe resorts... and I absolutely LOVE the architecture and theming. The only other deluxe resort that interests me is AKL. What a fabulous lobby/main area! And a fabulous price tag to match :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom