How are y'all making the most of the quarantine?

EZRock

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
The quarantine is going to be around for a while, so people are going to be isolated for a good bit. I'm interested though in what you guys are doing to make the most of the quarantine. Are y'all learning any new hobbies, did you do something crazy (something you would never do if we weren't quarantined), have you tried something new, or something else?

Recently, I needed a haircut, and my family already knew it wasn't going to look great. So, we decided that I was going to have my first mohawk, we even went the extra mile of writing the first letter of my name on the back of my head.

Btw, if this is a duplicate of another thread, please let me know or report the thread so it can be shut down, as my signature said, I'm quite new to these forums.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Well I'm in WNY (opposite side of the state as NYC) and we've been in the situation since about Friday the 13th.

We really haven't been doing much special here.

My sister is a teacher so she's been in her room on zoom meetings with her coworkers and students Monday-Friday during the day.

I've managed to clean a lot of clothes out of my closet and while places like good will are not open there are some places with those giant bins for clothing donations so I was also able to get rid of the clothes.

We've been cooking dinner more than usual and we're saving a lot of money by doing so.

I've been doing a lot of Amazon shopping and some buying lol.

I'm trying to figure out mine and my sister's costumes for MNSSHP.

We haven't watched like anything on Disney+ or Netflix which honestly I think is a good thing because once that starts we will probably become lazy. So we are trying to hold out lol.

Its crazy how sloooooow the second half of March went but April has been going by quickly and one day is just running into the next now.

I'm hoping that by around my birthday which is on Mother's Day this year things might start to get back to a bit more normal.
I suggested that even if restaurants are open though that we get take out and eat out on the deck if the weather is nice by then.

eliza61nyc

lol, ok I'm going bored outta my skull.
first I was basically quarantined two weeks earlier since i had knee surgery.
I've been furloughed from work until May 4th.
Just beginning to get around lately so doing the spring cleaning around the house. lol said I was going to try and learn French but haven't really gotten started.
In the grand scheme of things though I'm all good. not going to complain too much.

I've been trying to decide whether or not to cancel my trip for late August. I hate to do it but think it might be best

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
lol, ok I'm going bored outta my skull.
first I was basically quarantined two weeks earlier since i had knee surgery.
I've been furloughed from work until May 4th.
Just beginning to get around lately so doing the spring cleaning around the house. lol said I was going to try and learn French but haven't really gotten started.
In the grand scheme of things though I'm all good. not going to complain too much.

I've been trying to decide whether or not to cancel my trip for late August. I hate to do it but think it might be best
What are your dates?
My plan had been August 24-29 but we are toying with late September instead.
We also already have plans for Mid November.

StarWarsGirl

I'm still working 40+ hours a week, just from home now. My company is critical infrastructure, so we're still open for business, and if anything, we're more busy that usual (I've seen a bunch of CoVid specific stuff land on my desk). My company started preparing for us to go fully remote begining of March; I got sent home halfway through March 13 when it was announced we could start working from home because I'm an asthmatic and my boss did not want me getting this any more than I did. I think today is the first day I haven't felt like a crazy person at work in four weeks.

When I'm not working, I read, I sleep, I write, I play my instruments. I don't really have that much more time on my hands because I'm still working.

Ricky Spanish

Well, if you really want to know.....
Since I sold my business 5 1/2 years ago( and nearly dying), I’ve been a house husband.
So my days are just about the same, but my wife and daughter are home too.
I do all the cooking, cleaning, etc.
Wife doing e-teaching from home, daughter doing her college classes online and currently working 2 jobs.
Spending more time in our gardens.
Also doing more baking (it’s good being a pastry chef).
Made croissants filled with Nutella yesterday.

4/15 Update: My daughter picked up a third job.

Last edited:

trr1

Well, if you really want to know.....
Since I sold my business 5 1/2 years ago( and nearly dying), I’ve been a house husband.
So my days are just about the same, but my wife and daughter are home too.
I do all the cooking, cleaning, etc.
Wife doing e-teaching from home, daughter doing her college classes online and currently working 2 jobs.
Spending more time in our gardens.
Also doing more baking (it’s good being a pastry chef).
Made croissants filled with Nutella yesterday.
pictures would be nice of food and pastries ;)

Sans Souci

Nothing much has changed for me. I miss my quiet house in the day, since my husband and son are always here.

I'm baking more, napping more and reading more. I'm texting more, too, since a lot of my friends have a lot of time to kill now. I started a free, online course for personal enrichment.

macefamily

Working from home; four weeks now. Doing what I could, but definitely not as productive. My dogs are loving it ! I could
potentially be staring a new job on 4/27 which means I'll be heading to an office. My younger dog, a 2 yr old Boston Terrier is
going to be crushed. He sits at my feet all day and as soon as I sit on the couch he cuddles up to my legs. When I have to leave the
house for a brief period now, he gets tears in his eyes and sits at the back window of our house and watches me go. When I leave for
a full day of work in a few weeks, he's going to be lost.

Poppinsfan05

In the Parks
No
Bored. Can't see my friends other than Skype. I am home schooled so school hasn't changed for me at all and I am almost done. I pretty much stay in my room and watch Disney+ and listen to music.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom