How are the crowds, weather in early June?

cls4016

We are trying to plan a trip for early June. I was wondering if anyone who had gone during this time frame could share some advice or experience. I also know this is typically when "Gay Days" are going on. Now I am not prejudice, but am wondering if I could get some people's experience as to how this event affects the parks. We have a 5-year old and I would like to know exactly what goes on during this event. Thanks.

RetiredFRN

june weather

I have gone to Disney in June twice. I have not been there during "gay" times but I have been there in both extremes of weather. It really is hit or miss. One time I went and it and it rained for about three days. The other time was beautiful, sunny and humid!!.. It will definitely be humid so bring plenty of water to drink along with one of those spray fan water bottles. Bring the fan from home, it will save you alot of money. Also, be prepared for thunder and lightening storms at night, which are pretty common in Florida in the summer. The thunder and lightening storms can affect the parade and fireworks at night, but in the summer they usually schedule two shows. One year we stayed until the second parade and fireworks, it was great!! Lightening matching to the music. Don't worry about bringing raincoats you can by the disney ones. The one year it rained, there were yellow coats everywhere. No matter what weather you have, you'll be at disney so who cares.

Upvote 0

frankd1962

Go to The Weather Channel's web site and they usally have the average temp and weather for that time of the year.

BTW, when is the "gay" days? I'm getting close to getting the money for my trip in 2007 (around the time of my birthday).

Upvote 0

ToTBellHop

http://www.gaydays.com/ May 30-June 4, 2006. It'll be hot hot hot with temps in the 90s though of June, July, and August, June tends to have the least rain. Between Star Wars Weekends, the Flower and Garden Festival, and the fact that most schools are out in June, expect summer crowds, summer weather, and summer park hours. It's summer!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom