How are the crowds for 8/30/11 to 9/4/11!

spectromagic04

Original Poster
I am going to WDW August 30, 2011 to September 4, 2011 and staying at POP and I was wondering how the crowd levels will be like for the days we are there? I am also hoping that the South American Tour groups will be gone by the time we check in if not were doomed because they usually stay at the value resorts! Help would be appreciated!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Well... My son and I will be there, so that's two. :drevil:

Seriously, the crowds are fairly manageable at that time of year. The Labour Day weekend itself gets a bit of a surge, but not as bad as earlier in August. The local kids go back to school mid-August, which takes a lot of the crowding away. It'll still be crowded, there are no completely slow times at WDW any more, but it's not crazy.

It will be hot.

spectromagic04

Original Poster
Well... My son and I will be there, so that's two. :drevil:

Seriously, the crowds are fairly manageable at that time of year. The Labour Day weekend itself gets a bit of a surge, but not as bad as earlier in August. The local kids go back to school mid-August, which takes a lot of the crowding away. It'll still be crowded, there are no completely slow times at WDW any more, but it's not crazy.

It will be hot.

Awesome thank you sounds like the crowds are going to be very manageable when we go!!! Now the only thing I am worried about is the Florida heat but I guess I will get a taste of it now since its been in the low to mid 90s since Saturday and it will stay in the 90s until at least next Monday in Chicago!

bigkbull

My girlfriend and I will be there from Aug 27th - Sept 4th! Good to hear that the crowds are more manageable. When I was younger and went with my parents, we always went either the first or second week of July. It. Was. Hot. :) My dad worked as a laborer in a textile factory and they were always given the first two weeks of July off every year for inventory (and probably because it was over 110 degrees in that place at that time of year). So bring on the heat! That's what shopping is for in the A/C! Don't tell my girlfriend I said that! :lol:

Since1976

From my experience, the crowds around that time of year are pretty light, as school is starting up. Your bigger concern will probably be the weather, as it can be quite rainy, very hot and unbearably humid.

disneygirl1

We will be a POP as well from 8/31-9/6!!! We went around that time last year and the crowds were very managable. Utilize fastpasses on the popular attactions and you shouldn't have any problems. :animwink:

It is VERY hot this time of year and pop up thunderstorms do occur daily. :hammer: Plan on taking a mid day break back at the resort to swim or relax and you will be ready to go back at it!

baymenxpac

the crowds are very, very manageable that time of year. my family and i went the last two weeks of august and left on labor day weekend every year growing up. you should be able to navigate around the parks fairly comfortably.

and yes, it will be very hot. and humid. make sure you drink plenty of water, wear sunscreen and maybe plan some midday pool breaks/naps in the AC to cool off.

durhay

The five of us will be there 8/31 through 9/5. We won't be going "commando" like we did last year (I didn't think we'd be able to come back for some time so I wanted the kids to see as much as possible). I'm sure the heat will make sure we take it easy.

spectromagic04

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for the helpful tips seems like the crowds will be very manageable the days were there and we will definitely be drinking alot of water to keep hydrated in the hot and humid Florida summers!

coltow

We went 9/1-9/9 in 2009. It was PERFECT!!! We only needed fast passes for a few things EE, TSM, Soarin & TT, that's it. I can tell you this it wasn't really crowded, but it was hot so be prepared to take some breaks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom