House of Blues Question.....

adr315

Original Poster
Ill be back in WDW Feb 22-24, for a short trip, staying at Old Key West, and going to MGM and Epcot using the FL residents play four $100 pass.....Now, being a huge hip-hop fan, ill be seeing a Wu-Tang Clan concert at House of Blues on Feb 23. The show is All Ages, but im expecting plenty of cursing and drug (marijuana especially) use.....does Disney tolerate this? Please help, and how does House of Blues run their concerts? is their alcohol? Because im not sure how appropriate the concert would be? how does Disney tolerate disruptive concert goers? Please help.....

Quentin Disney

The Wu is coming to HOB? Why does no one tell me about this!:brick:

I haven't done a concert yet at HOB, but I wouldn't expect drug use. However, since its not far from Pleasure Island, they will probably be serving booze. Since it is a concert that appeals to a young audience (like me), I bet some people might be toking up.

Then again, drugs are bad, and my anti-drug is Disney!:)

dopey

i've never been to a concert at the hob at wdw, but have been to concerts at the hob chicago.

at the concerts i went to, there was booze and mary jane (i just wanted to use the nerdiest word possible. :D ).

i would think hob operates apart from disney, and, would, therefore, be solely responsible for enforcing its own rules.

are you worried about getting busted? :lol: just kidding.

(btw, if you get the munchies, the gourmet pantry is located in the marketplace section.)

adr315

Original Poster
naw

Naw, i dont smoke, but id be going with my dad....i wouldnt mind the "mary jane" too much, but he would.....but being disney??? all the Wu concerts at the other HoB's are 21 and older. The Disney one is the only All ages one. Help???

Debbie

People burning at WDW/ House of Blues?? gotta see that myself:animwink: Actually the past few concerts I have been to have been pretty much weed free. Most venues are smoke free and I have seen it strictly enforced here in N.O.. Your dad should expect to smell a little of it; it doesn't mean he will like it. but better to experience it with your folks and show them how responsible a young adult you've become.

lifeguard1020

Trying to remember...

A few years ago I remember the police having ot be called in for a "riot" as it was called that broke out there when I was staying at the Old Key West...We could see the news helicopters that were circling...Unfortunately, all I remember is that it was some rap act...not which one...sory...

Dan

NowInc

Contrary to popular belief..I dont smoke the doobage..however..I have also been to quite a few concerts, some at the HoB...and its rare that there isnt SOmEONe sparking up. HoB at Disney is still an indipendantly owned facility....so expect things to happen there that would happen everyplace else (I mean...if it was DISNEY..would the wu Tang clan be playing there? i dont think so)

Oh..and uh..I have a tip...a shortcut really...if you are driving yourself from OKW to Downtown. Just make a right when leaving the OKW grounds..take that road to the end..make a left at the junction...and drive about 3 minutes...you are at Downtown..

adr315

Original Poster
thanks....keep it coming

Thanks for the help!!! i called and asked HoB there policies, and they say security is pretty good usually (they check with metal detectors), but that for late night concerts (like this one), security is even tighter. They also claim that they arrest anyone who is doing anything illegal (smoking out included), but i kinda doubt that. Anyone else have experiences at HoB Dowtown Disney with concerts? PLEASE HELP and reply....thanks

dsny1998

my comments......

Hey everyone!!

Im new to this board....I've been reading it for a while now, and finally I decided to post.

In regards to the Wu-Tang show, yea, you can expect a lot of swearing. Just cuz its on Disney doesnt really mean anything. If anything the guests are fortunate to have a concert hall that hosts many great artists. However, just know which performer your going to see before you go to the concert. Obviously if you know who Wu-Tang are, then your aware of their lyrical content, and know their music contains swearing.

When I was there my friends and I went to see DJ Clue spin, and there was swearing.....so if that bothers you....be warned. Also, about drugs.....i suppose if you can sneak it in, then i guess people will have them...obvously watch out for security.

orlpassholder

Been to a few HOB concerts, most I ever saw besides drinking was cigars, and cigarettes. I wouldnt doubt someone could light up there without to many problems since the crowd would probably be pretty thick, and it would be hard to make it through it to throw someone out

adr315

Original Poster
just to clear things up

just to clear some things up, i am a huge fan of the Wu, and i know theyrll be cursing galore, and have no problem with it....and NO, i dont smoke, i was just asking so i know what kinda environment to expect when i arrive....thanks for help so far, and keep bringing it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom