Hours Increased for MK

MickeyMomV

A couple of months back I made out a park schedule that included regular hours as well as EMH's for our trip that starts on 11/22. I find it easier to keep track of FP's and ADR's that way. Well over the weekend I was starting to make a schedule for a spring trip and I noticed that almost everyday we are there for this trip (excluding MVMCP nights) MK extended their hours to midnight and even has EMH's till 2:00 am on the day we arrive! AK and HS also extended their hours!

I know "we've" been complaining about the reduction in hours over the last 6-12 months so we were extremely excited to see the big increase.

Minnie Mum

From your trip countdowns, it looks like you'll be arriving late March. Is that right? So you're well into spring break and bumping up against Easter. So yeah, park hours are going to be extended a lot. You'll likely see at least MK go to earlier opening hours as well. That's not at all unusual.

Upvote 0

JIMINYCR

Ive loved it when Ive hit upon those extended hours. The parks get eerily quiet as the later hours come on and guests cant stay up later and it empties out. You can walk on and off rides repeatedly without any wait. Ive had times the CM 's just let me stay seated in the ride car and go again. The CM's also get bored and can get quite comical with you.

Upvote 0

Ted Daggett

I am going on December 17, and noticed that last week they moved the opening forward from 9:00 am to 8:00 am (not EMH, just regular opening at 8 am).

Upvote 0

Pixieish

We usually see the opposite because we travel in fall...when I make our ADRs and FPs, I have to remember that chances are pretty good the park hours will be cut shortly before our trip, and I'm generally right. It stinks, but it is what it is. I remember during our honeymoon in 2000 that we were at the parks (back then only MK, HS, and Epcot) until at least 11pm or midnight. Now, we're REALLY lucky if we get MK open that late in October.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

Original Poster
From your trip countdowns, it looks like you'll be arriving late March. Is that right? So you're well into spring break and bumping up against Easter. So yeah, park hours are going to be extended a lot. You'll likely see at least MK go to earlier opening hours as well. That's not at all unusual.
?? No, I'm talking about park hours starting on 11/22. It's the day leading into Thanksgiving weekend and the start of the week after. I understand that it is a holiday weekend but lately it seems like it doesn't really matter if it is a holiday or not. They still close early.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

Ive loved it when Ive hit upon those extended hours. The parks get eerily quiet as the later hours come on and guests cant stay up later and it empties out. You can walk on and off rides repeatedly without any wait. Ive had times the CM 's just let me stay seated in the ride car and go again. The CM's also get bored and can get quite comical with you.

I love going to the MK around 830pm on midnight closings. The day guests will leave right after the fireworks. The late arrivals typically will be park hopping and leave around 1030pm. The last hour is typically semi empty and my favorite time to be there :)

Upvote 0

21stamps

That’s awesome for you!

I’m always telling people to stop complaining about holiday parties and non-extended hours.. and now- I booked 2 nights where apparently both nights have MVMCP. Won’t lie and say that I’m not a little disappointed. I was hoping to see the new fireworks show.

Upvote 0

Rumrunner

A couple of months back I made out a park schedule that included regular hours as well as EMH's for our trip that starts on 11/22. I find it easier to keep track of FP's and ADR's that way. Well over the weekend I was starting to make a schedule for a spring trip and I noticed that almost everyday we are there for this trip (excluding MVMCP nights) MK extended their hours to midnight and even has EMH's till 2:00 am on the day we arrive! AK and HS also extended their hours!

I know "we've" been complaining about the reduction in hours over the last 6-12 months so we were extremely excited to see the big increase.
Many did not understand the closing of the parks so early, esp MK. We made reservations for next June-three families and 12 people- but had already decided if the park hours were going to be curtailed it would be our last vacation to DIsney.

Upvote 0

Dave B

Hours are always going to change a month or two before your trip based on expected attendance, they don't know what attendance will be until that 30 day window closes for packages, always expect a change, usually it is more hours which is always a good thing in my opinion, we had a BOG breakfast at 815 with park opening at 9, they changed the hours to open at 8, that sucked, because we don't get in early anymore, but in actuality we are getting in even earlier than we had planned, but it did suck to have to cancel BOG 815 and have the quiet time before the park opened to everyone

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom