Hotel Help!

mbs502

Hello! I just started planning our first family trip for Dec. 2018. My husband and I have been in the past with out last visit when I was pregnant with my first in 2013. In the past we stayed at French Quarter and Coronado Springs. I enjoyed them both but preferred FQ just a bit especially with the boat to Disney Springs. We will be going the first week of Dec. with our two DS (4 and 2 at time of travel). I am having the hardest time deciding on a hotel. I am looking back at FQ or Riverside. I like the idea of the boat to Disney Springs. I am also considering Polynesian or Contemporary which would be a bit of a "splurge" but not outside the realm of affordability for us (I just am not sure if I would rather allocate the money elsewhere). The idea of walking distance to MK is super appealing and I stayed at Polynesian as a child and had fond memories of it and it's pool/theming. While I don't think I want to go with a value resort I also wonder if the kids would get a kick out of the themes of those - perhaps Art of Animation? Considering all of this what are your thoughts? Which hotel would your select yourself? Any recommendations? TIA :)

Think Tink

Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Hello! Personally I love being walking distance to Epcot as that is tied with MK for my favorite, so I love to splurge on the Yacht or Beach Club. Art of Animation could be great theming for kids their age but you would be taking the bus more. Since MK is high on your list you could go with Bay Lake Tower and save a bit or the Garden Wing of the Contemporary. Those would be nice ways to get the location you want, but also not spend the premium of the tower.

Upvote 0

mbs502

Original Poster
With kids that age, I would do AofA. The theming is great, the kids will love it. The pool is super fun. And I think food courts are essential for families with kids.
Thank you! I do think they would love the theme of AofA I appreciate your feedback and insights!

Upvote 0

mbs502

Original Poster
Hello! Personally I love being walking distance to Epcot as that is tied with MK for my favorite, so I love to splurge on the Yacht or Beach Club. Art of Animation could be great theming for kids their age but you would be taking the bus more. Since MK is high on your list you could go with Bay Lake Tower and save a bit or the Garden Wing of the Contemporary. Those would be nice ways to get the location you want, but also not spend the premium of the tower.
Thank you! Beach Club is one of my dream places to stay! It’s gorgeous! I don’t think we will spend much time at Epcot with the age of our kids this trip but I hope to in the future! Bay lake may be a great compromise!

Upvote 0

yensid67

I second what BraveGirl said...Art of Animation for the kids...that's why you are going, right? If you haven't already look at pictures and videos(youtube) of AoA. We stayed off property and I wanted to see the AoA theming...it was AMAZING, I wished I was a kid again so I could enjoy it from a kid's mind! Your 2 sons will most likely enjoy staying in the Cars Land section...it has the Cozy Cone Pool area and oversized cones make your cabanas,, there's and actual Route 66 going through the courtyard with Matter and Speed McQueen cars along the way! Others say the food courts are great too! Direct bus service to parks and Disney Springs! Show you little guys a video or pics of Art of Animation, French Quarter and Coronado...I BET THEY PICK Art of Animation! ;)

Upvote 0

MotherofaPrincessLover

That is a tough one. The theming at AoA is very cool but then you give up proximity to the parks and some other amenities. I think I'd skip one of the moderates this time just due to the theming. Poly has some great restaurants and a good location. Honestly, I think whichever way you decide to go you will be happy with.

Upvote 0

TXDisney

Polynesian is worth the splurge if it’s affirdabke for you. If not we love POR when not staying Deluxe. So much quieter than the other moderates.

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
The idea of walking distance to MK is super appealing
This one big reason why I loved staying at the contemporary. I think its a huge plus in walking there instead of waiting for a bus or even monorail. I also love the whole environment that that the contemporary offers. With that said, the Poly has much better theming, and your kids may enjoy the pool more, it seems more inviting. I know I'm not helping, by saying both are good :). We stayed at the Poly last time, and this April we're going to the Poly

Upvote 0

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hello! I just started planning our first family trip for Dec. 2018. My husband and I have been in the past with out last visit when I was pregnant with my first in 2013. In the past we stayed at French Quarter and Coronado Springs. I enjoyed them both but preferred FQ just a bit especially with the boat to Disney Springs. We will be going the first week of Dec. with our two DS (4 and 2 at time of travel). I am having the hardest time deciding on a hotel. I am looking back at FQ or Riverside. I like the idea of the boat to Disney Springs. I am also considering Polynesian or Contemporary which would be a bit of a "splurge" but not outside the realm of affordability for us (I just am not sure if I would rather allocate the money elsewhere). The idea of walking distance to MK is super appealing and I stayed at Polynesian as a child and had fond memories of it and it's pool/theming. While I don't think I want to go with a value resort I also wonder if the kids would get a kick out of the themes of those - perhaps Art of Animation? Considering all of this what are your thoughts? Which hotel would your select yourself? Any recommendations? TIA :)
Your kids wont be at the “cute” age for long. We always enjoyed our kids reaction to the larger than life feel of the ASMovies. Art of Animation would be fun for them.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom