Hotel Focus - Magic Kingdom

Skibum1970

This might belong in the resort forum but it didn't fit there either. The wife and I are looking to get away for a short vacation (2-3 days). Quick recharge and maybe a day or two at the MK. We aren't fully focused on the parks but would like to stay in a "get away" kind of hotel. We love the Wilderness Lodge and have stayed there before. However, it would be fun to stay at the Contemporary Resort as we could walk to the MK. I might even consider an offsite hotel, if it had the "feel" that we were looking for.

Any ideas?

epcotisbest

This might belong in the resort forum but it didn't fit there either. The wife and I are looking to get away for a short vacation (2-3 days). Quick recharge and maybe a day or two at the MK. We aren't fully focused on the parks but would like to stay in a "get away" kind of hotel. We love the Wilderness Lodge and have stayed there before. However, it would be fun to stay at the Contemporary Resort as we could walk to the MK. I might even consider an offsite hotel, if it had the "feel" that we were looking for.

Any ideas?
Two words: Four Seasons.

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
I would recommend the Beach Club Resort. The pool is a personal fave and you have the Boardwalk and many dining options right there. However, you would have to take the bus over to the Magic Kingdom. My second recommendation would be the Grand Floridian. It is so peaceful and relaxing there and close to the MK. Enjoy your getaway!

Upvote 0

Skibum1970

Original Poster
We stayed one time at the Contemporary and LOVED walking to the Magic Kingdom. We like to walk anyways and that was great. Plus, the Contemporary is old-school Disney. It's the icon that I remember the most with the monorail going through it.

Grand Flo might be out of the price range but is a definite possibility.

Four Seasons looks wonderful but I don't know much about the transportation. We utilize the Magical Express to/from the airports and I don't know much about Four Seasons shuttles (both for the airport and the Magic Kingdom). Also, does it actually participate in the Extra Magic Hours?

Upvote 0

DarthVader

Sith Lord
I like the idea of staying at the Contemporary, given its proximity. I think walking to the MK is such that you'll get the most bang for you limited time. Another recommendation is perhaps the Poly because of the theming, and being on the Monorail, you'll have fairly quick access. Finally there's the Grand Floridian, on the monorail, but it definitely has a luxurious feel to it.

If it were me, I'd probably opt for the Poly because of the theming, and how much my wife loves that resort.

Upvote 0

jrogue

stay in a "get away" kind of hotel
For me, the Polynesian always has that "get away" feeling :inlove: Between the the sights and the smells of that resort always make me feel like I am staying at a tropical paradise whenever I am there! :)

I agree with what the others are saying about staying at a monorail resort if you are spending most of your time at the MK!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom