hotel check out and magic band

wendyphant

So not long to go woo hoo 31 days

We check out of the hotel on Monday morning
Luggage goes to Disney springs and we check in for our flight then
We will still have 8 1/2 hours so my questions are
* can we still use the pool at the hotel?
*can we still get into the parks that day?
*Can we use up any disney dining credits that are left that day?

Or does it all go when we check out?

Tony the Tigger

I’m sure someone will correct me, but I believe the dining credits are good until midnight of your checkout date.

I’m fairly certain you may use the pool after checkout.

For the parks, you’d have to check your package, whether your tickets cover 13 or 14 days, for example.

Also, if you are using magic bands to charge items, that works until midnight of your checkout date.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I’m sure someone will correct me, but I believe the dining credits are good until midnight of your checkout date.

I’m fairly certain you may use the pool after checkout.

For the parks, you’d have to check your package, whether your tickets cover 13 or 14 days, for example.

Also, if you are using magic bands to charge items, that works until midnight of your checkout date.
This^^^

All 100% correct.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

*can we still get into the parks that day?
Re tickets - MYW tickets expire 14 days from first use. To answer your question, you would need to know a) has it been more than 14 days since you first used your tickets and then b) if not, do you have any admissions remaining on your tickets.

I only call this out because you could have a 10-day ticket and a 7-day Disney Resort reservation(and went to the parks each day), and when you check out of your resort, you would still have 3 days left. You could then go stay at a different hotel, perhaps offsite? and still use those 3 days.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Re tickets - MYW tickets expire 14 days from first use. To answer your question, you would need to know a) has it been more than 14 days since you first used your tickets and then b) if not, do you have any admissions remaining on your tickets.

I only call this out because you could have a 10-day ticket and a 7-day Disney Resort reservation(and went to the parks each day), and when you check out of your resort, you would still have 3 days left. You could then go stay at a different hotel, perhaps offsite? and still use those 3 days.

Since OP is from Wales, I'm guessing she has a 14 or 21 day ticket. So expiration is a little different. But yes, in general you're point stands. And OP should be OK.

@wendyphant, are you using Magic Express back to the airport? If so, you'll be given a time the day before, under your resort room door. Make sure it's 4 hrs before your flight. And give yourself time to collect any hand luggage from bell services at the resort before the bus. The bus won't wait more than a few minutes.

If driving or using uber/lyft then allow enough time to get to airport. Even if doing the check-in at resort, if they need you to go through extra screening (random or otherwise), you will need to be at the airport 3 hrs before.

Upvote 0
I see that you are from Wales so I assume that your tickets would have been bought from Disney UK.
If so it will depend on how long you have been there & when your tickets were valid from.
It used to be that tickets from the UK became valid from the date of the first park entry, but that may have changed now.
I noticed when we booked our trip for 2019 last week that it stated that our tickets were valid for 14 days from the day that we arrived which would mean that they would not be valid on our last day. i.e. The day we travel home.
Probably worth your while checking either when you arrive or with Disney UK before you leave.
Have a great trip.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
I see that you are from Wales so I assume that your tickets would have been bought from Disney UK.
If so it will depend on how long you have been there & when your tickets were valid from.
It used to be that tickets from the UK became valid from the date of the first park entry, but that may have changed now.
I noticed when we booked our trip for 2019 last week that it stated that our tickets were valid for 14 days from the day that we arrived which would mean that they would not be valid on our last day. i.e. The day we travel home.
Probably worth your while checking either when you arrive or with Disney UK before you leave.
Have a great trip.

Well it depends I think. A lot of UKers probably don't go to the parks on arrival day, if they're arriving early evening and jet lagged. So the 14 day ticket will be activated on day 2 and still be OK on departure day (day 15).

Also if you take a non-park day, and either go offsite or do the water parks, and don't enter one of the theme parks at all, that day will not count as one of the 14 days. Which means you could do Day 1 and day 15. I'm pretty sure some people have found this to be the case, with at least one complete break day.

Think of it this way. It would be pretty poor if they sell a 14 night holiday with a 14 day ticket, and it isn't good for the whole time! So you will only get 14 theme park days out of it, but I'm 95% sure it will still be valid for the whole trip.

Upvote 0
Well it depends I think. A lot of UKers probably don't go to the parks on arrival day, if they're arriving early evening and jet lagged. So the 14 day ticket will be activated on day 2 and still be OK on departure day (day 15).

Also if you take a non-park day, and either go offsite or do the water parks, and don't enter one of the theme parks at all, that day will not count as one of the 14 days. Which means you could do Day 1 and day 15. I'm pretty sure some people have found this to be the case, with at least one complete break day.

Think of it this way. It would be pretty poor if they sell a 14 night holiday with a 14 day ticket, and it isn't good for the whole time! So you will only get 14 theme park days out of it, but I'm 95% sure it will still be valid for the whole trip.

Never thought of it that way, I assumed that the UK tickets were for 14 consecutive days from when they were first valid.

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
Never thought of it that way, I assumed that the UK tickets were for 14 consecutive days from when they were first valid.

They are valid for 14 days from when first used.

But because they are park hopper plus tickets, and are often sold with a 14 night stay, I think they can effectively be used on Day 15 too, but not for 15 days of admission to the theme parks.

A 21 day ticket works the same. I think it would be valid on Day 22, but only for 21 days of theme park admission.

But this is not 100% guaranteed. And phoning won't help because you'll get some poor CM nowhere near WDW who won't have a clue. Guest Services should be able to give you a definitive answer.

Upvote 0
They are valid for 14 days from when first used.

But because they are park hopper plus tickets, and are often sold with a 14 night stay, I think they can effectively be used on Day 15 too, but not for 15 days of admission to the theme parks.

A 21 day ticket works the same. I think it would be valid on Day 22, but only for 21 days of theme park admission.

But this is not 100% guaranteed. And phoning won't help because you'll get some poor CM nowhere near WDW who won't have a clue. Guest Services should be able to give you a definitive answer.

We'll check with Guest Services when we are onsite, unfortunately we have to wait until November next year but at least we are booked & know that we are going. :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom