hotel and parks is a 4th needed???

mickeypaparazis

Original Poster
Not sure where to post this

But with all the new resorts dvc and additions, is it getting to the point where WDW has more rooms then capacity of there parks. So it would now make sense to start working on a new park. Im taking into account that star wars is coming and everything else we know of. it just seems they need more places to space people out. i might be wrong, but whats your thoughts?

jloucks

Not sure where to post this

But with all the new resorts dvc and additions, is it getting to the point where WDW has more rooms then capacity of there parks. So it would now make sense to start working on a new park. Im taking into account that star wars is coming and everything else we know of. it just seems they need more places to space people out. i might be wrong, but whats your thoughts?

That doesn't feel right. Quicky research shows 30,000 rooms. So, let pack 'em in 4 to a room, and you get 120,000. Plenty of room among all the parks when you consider Magic Kingdom alone is able to handle 100,000ish allegedly.

Odd that one falls into the 'allegedly' category. Don't fire codes give a definitive number?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Yeah, they absolutely should build a fourth park. Maybe something like Busch Gardens, where you have a zoo with amusement rides in it... ;)

And when they're done with that, they could maybe build a fifth park, with Marvel and Fox properties in it...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
That doesn't feel right. Quicky research shows 30,000 rooms. So, let pack 'em in 4 to a room, and you get 120,000. Plenty of room among all the parks when you consider Magic Kingdom alone is able to handle 100,000ish allegedly.

Odd that one falls into the 'allegedly' category. Don't fire codes give a definitive number?
MK is now more around the 60-70,000 figure I believe. If I recall the record was 93,000 in 1980.

JIMINYCR

I agree with you. WDW needs another park to spread out the numbers of guests, get the lines and wait times down to reasonable times, make the trips to the parks more stress free, allow us to accomplish more in a day. Theres too much time spent standing in line waiting, fighting crowds to move from one place to another and having minimal viewing spots for shows. We should be stressing less and playing more.

mickeypaparazis

Original Poster

slappy magoo

jloucks i read ur post and did some googling.
i found this
https://www.disneyfanatic.com/10-stunning-facts-about-walt-disney-world-resorts/#
ur on target
roughly 30k rooms
10k rooms non disney
guest housed 160k
another 50k from non disney on property
also found this
https://www.quora.com/What-is-Walt-Disney-Worlds-theme-park-capacity

MK 65K starts closing phases
DHS 75K
EPCOT 95K
AK 60K
about 330k

so it was not as close as i thought
210k guest housed and parks hold 330k
good call jloucks
Eh, you still make a valid point (not about the need for a fourth park, but at some point a fifth). Sure all the hotels on property - WDW-owned or not - can house 210K guests, but there are hundreds of other resorts in the area, timeshare condos and townhouses, airbnb rentals and plain old Florida natives coming to visit for the day, but not to stay.

Based on this article, there are about 125K hotel rooms available in Orlando.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busi...orlando-hotel-growth-0411-20160407-story.html
FYI I have no idea if that includes neighboring towns like Kissimmee that also has lots of hotel rooms.

DisneyFans4Life

Not to mention that WDW isn't the only thing attracting people to Orlando. It's probably safe to say that people staying on property are visiting WDW, but those staying off property are probably visiting other parks other than WDW.

justintheharris

The issue is that I can't think of a broad enough theme for a fifth park.
Magic Kingdom - Everything Disney pretty much
EPCOT - The world in which we live
Hollywood Studios - Movies
Animal Kingdom - Animals and Conservation

I have yet to hear a good theme for a fifth gate.
Villians? That alienates the majority of Disney characters.
Thrill rides? Well then everyone wanting thrills will go to the fifth gate and no other park.
Throwback kingdom full of old rides? That's not very practical.

This is all just my humble opinion but I'd be behind a fifth theme park when I hear a good idea for one. But keep in mind that a new park will bring more crowds. Therefore, it may not necessarily drain any crowds from the other four parks. As a matter of fact, a fifth park would necessitate more hotels to be built and with more hotels available, more guests will show up. So is a fifth theme park really necessary? I vote no... for now.

DisneyFans4Life

Thrill rides? Well then everyone wanting thrills will go to the fifth gate and no other park.

This is all just my humble opinion but I'd be behind a fifth theme park when I hear a good idea for one. But keep in mind that a new park will bring more crowds. Therefore, it may not necessarily drain any crowds from the other four parks. As a matter of fact, a fifth park would necessitate more hotels to be built and with more hotels available, more guests will show up. So is a fifth theme park really necessary? I vote no... for now.
Exactly...more space doesn't mean less crowds...it just means more space for more people. Just like with Pandora and just like it will be with TSL and SWL. There are a lot of people who have been holding off on going to Disney until these lands open, plus Star Wars has a huge following, so you're going to end up getting a bunch of Star Wars fans (not necessarily Disney fans) showing up that will add to the crowds.

KINGLOUIS1993

If they do build a fifth park it would need to be revolutionary and have a strong theme. I think they should have built the fifth Park as a Marvel and Star Wars themed park and any other of the main IP's but obviously it is a bit late now, they have built SWL on Hollywood Studios and Guardians of the Galaxy at Epcot. I love both Star Wars and Marvel don't get me wrong but I loved the original (kind of original) themes of both Epcot and especially DHS for the Backlot tour etc...

Now I think Disney should make sure the current work they have on the go is insanely good and then add a couple of countries to World Showcase, add Australia/New Zealand Wildlife Zone into AK, add a new attraction in the Dinosaur land of AK and add some fun/unique A/BC attractions.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Not to mention that WDW isn't the only thing attracting people to Orlando. It's probably safe to say that people staying on property are visiting WDW, but those staying off property are probably visiting other parks other than WDW.

Even looking at the people staying on property, not every person in those hotels is in one of the fours parks all day. They could be at the water parks, Disney Springs, Wide World of Sports, or taking a side trip off site. People also take break days when they don't go to the parks, or the could be there for conventions or business meetings and are only spending part of their time in the parks. All of this makes the equation of hotel capacity and park capacity a little tricky.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I don't think you could come up with any attraction idea that wouldn't fit appropriately into one four existing parks, and we won't even talk about in-appropriate placement. All four parks still have expansion room to some degree or another so increased capacity can be accommodated using the existing parks without having to create new ones.

ppete1975

they don't need a 5th park, they only have 2 now... if you took all of the rides and attractions and put them together that's about what you would get. Instead they need to fix the ones they have now. Add the stuff that they have announced then double it. At this point there is too much dead unused space in the 4 parks they have. Future world (journey, wol, seas, energy, and more area that other stuff could be built) world showcase add some countries. Animal kingdom.. redo the rapids, dino land, and dinosaur and lots of empty space, Hollywood studios the whole park minus muppets is in need (yes it is finally getting lots of stuff but more is needed)

before we can talk another park lets utilize the ones we have

Minnie Mum

When I saw the title of the thread, I wondered if the OP had time travelled. Unless I've had a cerebral incident, WDW has had a 4th park for 20 years. :rolleyes:

WDW needs another park to spread out the numbers of guests, get the lines and wait times down to reasonable times, make the trips to the parks more stress free, allow us to accomplish more in a day

OR Disney management could just stop running the attractions understaffed and under capacity, as they so often do now. That would go a long way to solving a lot of guest grumbles. They aren't running out of available space around the existing parks (yet). It would likely be less expensive to add on to the existing parks, as they've done so far, than build an entirely new park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom