Horseman

Chad

Original Poster
Its been awhile since I've posted, and its given me time to REALLY come up witha good coherent story line for this ride. first I would like to give credit to whoever came up with this idea. I don't know who it was, but someone mentioned an idea to make a sleepy hollow/headless horsemen ride utilizing EMV ride technology. Wonderful idea! It was however, only mentioned, and never expanded upon. So I took the liberty of building a story and making the rest of the ride for it. My scanner is down, so lately I've been using PAINT to make pictures for it..They aren't great. But they do let you see how the ride would flow from one scene to another. I drew up the pictures at around 3am one morning, and the names of the scenes reflect that (For example: 'Bridge over troubled pumpkins' I have no clue why I decided to name that scene that) But I am proud of the story I wrapped around this ride.

First, it would make use of Tom sawyer island. Being the first addition to Liberty Square since MK opened (I think, not sure) A bridge would be built between the liberty belle boats and Mike finks keel boats. The bridge would be retractable, and traffic across it would be stopped while the bridge was retracted so the liberty boats could sail through, the mike finks boats would easily move underneath it. tom sawyer island wouldn't be detroyed. The bridge leading over to the fort area, and the forst area itself would be kept intact, and maybe the few things on the first half would be moved over to the fort island.
The rest of Tom sawyer island would be appropriatley renamed 'Sleepy Hollow' Aunt polly's resteraunt would be renamed 'Sleepy Hollow Tavern' or something to that effect, and a gift shop (that also serves as the ride's exit) would be named 'the inn' and would be constructed. But the main focus would fall on the Sleepy Hollow Chapel, that would stand in between looming oak trees. built with dark stone, and accented by stained glass windows, this would be the main attraction here. Upon entering the church, guests would immedietly notice that a party of sorts is happening. Looking at the attached picture, you would see the que line weaves around infront of
a block labeled 'AA Stage' this stage would have AA muscians on it, playing songs from the old colonial days, resembling an old church fellowship gathering. IN between the songs, they would talk, and observant guests would hear them telling the tales of old Ichiabod <sp?> Crane, and how he was killed by the headless horseman...The band members would chuckle it off treating it like a fairy tale though, but it is definetly a foreshadow of things to come. Anyway, after you reach the end of the line, you exit to the side of the stage, where you would find yourself outside the back of the church, on a 'porch' like structure. If you look at the attached picture, you'll see there are two stages, one labeled 'S1' and the other 's2'. S1 would feature the band members wishing you a good and safe trip home before heading out. Then, the audiences attention would be grabbed by some noise at S2. A ghost would appear! But clearly a friendly ghost, if not a little clumsy. He would ask what you're doing here and why you are even ATTEMPTING to walk home, ecspecially tonight, when the headless horseman is riding, he assures you that the tales are true and that you have to get out of there, and fast. He starts to panic, trying to find some way to get you home, and fast.
He spots an old carriage, and with a few magic words, it jumps to life,(ala cinderella, but without the time limit) with no horses or anything. The ghost informs you that the carriage will take you home as fast as he can, and that he will follow for as far as he can go. The ghost tells you that the horseman can follow you to the bridge, but the ghost can only go to the graveyard. You hurry on to the next room, the loading area. You board you carriages, and they take off. Now, on the map, green blocks represent AA's and red lines represent pauses or stops in the cars track, where the car will stop for a moment or for a long time, depending on the scene. I'll explain other symbols later. The blue line represents the track that your car follows. As you enter the first scene,"Forest Scene" The first AA you reach is the Ghost, telling you that you have to move quickly, before the HH finds you..SO your buggy moves along, sparkling dots (Like the ones above your head in norway when the trolls cast that spell on you) guide your car through the forest. As you move, the clopping of hooves can be heard, and your car slows down, creeping through the woods, when suddenly, and AA horseman rears up, swinging a sword above him, cackling! Your car drives off, trying to dodge him, and as you can see in the next scene, "Running form the horseman" you run into quite a few AA's. The next scene is sort of a weird abstract scene. In "Warped out horror" You enter a narrow forest passage, trees surrounding it, and a mountain at the end with a cave under it. Suddenly, glowing eyes are visible in the trees and brush. The horseman appear atop the mountain, and one of those rotating lights (that they use in buzz lightyear) starts spinning an errie green glow. The eyes are suddenly lit up with black lights, that show they are really grinning pumpkins, you go closer and closer to the cliff, the horseman perched above, until you enter into the cave, driving through it to emerge on the otherside, In a graveyard. You stop and your ghost guide tells you thta this is as far as he can guide you, but the cart will take you over the bridge. Your car moves foward, into the next scene,"Bridge over troubled pumpkins"-Don't ask me why I named it that- So you enter into this scene, and see the Bridge looming in the distance, and you also hear the horseman clopping up, running faster, your cart drives onward moving towards the bridge. It stops suddenly as your the horseman appears, only to move faster over the bridge while the AA actually FOLLOWS you! The AA would be on a rod, much like briar rabbit in Splash mountain and owuld chase you until it reaches the green blob on the map, which is a tree or bush. The your car would be over the bridge and would do a u-turn, facing the bridge again, then, you would see the horseman, a different AA, that would rear up and through a pumpkin that would fly towards the cart and exlode as your car veers off, barely escaping the flames! Then you would drive off into the unloading area!

Attachments

• horseman.jpg
    horseman.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 189

Goofster

Yeah Chad, cool idea!

But I do love this movie a little too much to have a ghost in it. I'd say loose the ghost, just make it a ride home. Also, I'de put the "Warped out horror" before "Running from horseman". I think you could just put a horse on the front of the carriage, it wouldn't have to move that much, but if it legs moved and it's head moved a little, if that wouldn't be too hard.
Make it as much like the actual movie as possible.

Really cool idea though!!

wagner92

Hey Chad, no fair! Believe it or not I do have a Headless Horseman ride in the forest section of Creepy Castles... in my park Shadowlands. I suppose I should describe what my version is like. But guys, I am not trying to be boastful or anything. It's just that I have been thinking about this for 2 years and I have pretty much every viable villan from the movies in the park.

Chad

Original Poster
<>laughs!<> I won't think your boastful if you have a horseman ride..Do you know how many times ideas have been copied and re-worked on here? Nothing here is entirely original. I'd love to hear what your ride is, and I admit I haven't read through all of your posts entirely, I've been meaning too.

Goofster,
The only reason I had the ghost in it was to give the carriage a reason to move on its own. I just thought the horses would look so incredibly fake. And thats alot of AA's to make for all the cars, and thats just more stuf that can break down...

Maybe the ghost could be Ichibod crane? He did die at the end, didn't he? This could be sorta a continuation..

the ceo at wdw

I would go with the ghost of Ichibod Crane. That would seem more realistic towards the story. Other then the ghost thing its a great idea i wish it would come true. ok

laterzzzz ppl

StarscreamLSU

I like the ghost idea, and I like the idea of it maybe being Ichabod Crane. I would have the ghost just introduce himself and say something like:

"He's coming! Quickly - you must escape Sleepy Hollow before he finds you"

Never have the ghost state his true identity, but just have little 'wink, wink - nudge nudge' parts that suggest it's Ichbod.

I guess similar to unveiling Master Gracey as the Ghost Host?

Mikejakester

Best I seen so far!

Chad that was amazing, it's looks like a really creepy ride, MK needs something like that... and BTW I like the ghost, gives it a twist, it's like a little hope out of no where... (it's the only thing helping you thruout, with him around you actually have a chance of Xcaping the HH.

About the horse thing Im with chad on the horse thing.. it would look to fake.

So when do we start pre production on this? Where are the real imagineers? or should I say "The Engineers"

Mikejakester

Why bother?

Right now I am in my second year of Mechanical Engineer, and I'm in a school were there are only architects and engineers, I could get an architects and work on that with him but what good will that do?? What am I gonna do with that??:confused:

Chad

Original Poster
I'm glad everyone liked the Idea :) I could start work on a model, if everyone wished? Got some fake trees and some old wood..

the ceo at wdw

Thats a good idea. A hobby store might have fake trees. Look in the train section. Thats where they would have fake trees and mountains and etc.. Yeah make a model then post a picture of it We would all love to see it . ok

laterzzz

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom