Horror Nights?

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hi all! Can anyone help us understand how Horror Nights effect normal park operation? Do parks close early or stay open later? Are they on certain days?

Thank you!

JT3000

The park closes at 5:00 on a HHN night. The event runs on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and certain Wednesdays from late September through Halloween. HHN is usually held in the Studios with IOA unaffected, but this may change.

Tidbit

The park closes early on select days. If you've been in the park before closing, you get early access to houses.

Ok "how" do you get early access to the houses if you are in the park before closing? Don;t they kick everyone out then re-open? This may change which days I do what!!!

JT3000

Ok "how" do you get early access to the houses if you are in the park before closing? Don;t they kick everyone out then re-open? This may change which days I do what!!!

You don't have to leave the park if you have a HHN ticket. You'll wait in one of the designated holding areas until they start opening the houses. It's called Stay & Scream. This gives you a head start on the people waiting at the gate.

Tidbit

You don't have to leave the park if you have a HHN ticket. You'll wait in one of the designated holding areas until they start opening the houses. It's called Stay & Scream. This gives you a head start on the people waiting at the gate.

ohhhhh nice! I should know that already! We are trying to decide which ticket would be the best for us.......we are going the 1st weekend so I was thinking about doing the Rush of Fear if they offer it this year since we plan to go both friday & saturday. We are planning to visit the parks during the day, so I wonder if the Rush of Fear ticket would work like the Stay & Scream?? Anyone know this?

Last year we got the Freq Fear Pass because we were able to go multi nights but not this year :-(

JafarMaleficent

The park closes at 5:00 on a HHN night. The event runs on Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and certain Wednesdays from late September through Halloween. HHN is usually held in the Studios with IOA unaffected, but this may change.

IOA is unaffected again this year. Its only in studios again. and the park will close at 5 from opening night through Nov. 2nd this year. With the exception of mondays and tuesdays. over that month.

HTF

ohhhhh nice! I should know that already! We are trying to decide which ticket would be the best for us.......we are going the 1st weekend so I was thinking about doing the Rush of Fear if they offer it this year since we plan to go both friday & saturday. We are planning to visit the parks during the day, so I wonder if the Rush of Fear ticket would work like the Stay & Scream?? Anyone know this?

Last year we got the Freq Fear Pass because we were able to go multi nights but not this year :-(

As long as you have a valid HHN ticket of any type you can stay in the park for stay and scream. Also if your going the first weekend they usually run the best deals here so wait to see if its cheaper to buy individual day tickets for both days through there online website with a coupon code.

Tidbit

As long as you have a valid HHN ticket of any type you can stay in the park for stay and scream. Also if your going the first weekend they usually run the best deals here so wait to see if its cheaper to buy individual day tickets for both days through there online website with a coupon code.

Great, Thanks for the info! I am a Florida resident as well as I have friends with AP's so I plan to check for the best prices that's for sure!! This is only my 2nd time going so I'm still new to the Halloween Horror Nights, but I know plenty about Universal being a Travel Agent I have to know all sorts of stuff! LOL! Since I'm more of a "Disney Gal" I was still confused about the HHN's! LOL! Thanks again! I can't wait to hear what the theme is going to be......what the "houses" are gonna be, and much more!

HTF

American Werewolf in London is the only one I can confirm. We confirmed it at OU back in April. Should be a better year than last year, I've been to the past 12 straight and last year was the first and only year I walked away disappointed. I visited the event roughly 8-9 times and just couldn't "love " it.

Tidbit

American Werewolf in London is the only one I can confirm. We confirmed it at OU back in April. Should be a better year than last year, I've been to the past 12 straight and last year was the first and only year I walked away disappointed. I visited the event roughly 8-9 times and just couldn't "love " it.

Several people have said they same thing..........I went multi times last year......the 1st was during my Travel Agent training, and we did the RIP Tour. I guess I got a little spoiled during that trip, and then I brought my teenagers back with me in Oct and we loved it................it was our 1st time ever going to HHN's, so we thought it was cool!! I'm hoping this year will be much better!!!

Ok what's "OU"???

HTF

Several people have said they same thing..........I went multi times last year......the 1st was during my Travel Agent training, and we did the RIP Tour. I guess I got a little spoiled during that trip, and then I brought my teenagers back with me in Oct and we loved it................it was our 1st time ever going to HHN's, so we thought it was cool!! I'm hoping this year will be much better!!!

Ok what's "OU"???

OrlandoUnited.com is OU, and this year will be much better I can almost assure you.

Skip

OrlandoUnited.com is OU, and this year will be much better I can almost assure you.

Better in the sense that we'll have the (absolutely necessary given precedent & price they're charging) 8 house count. Hey, maybe we can actually get some real scare zones this year, too...

And I'm not exactly celebrating the return of the flawed Hollywood model that includes a plethora of C-list horror properties.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom