Horrible maintenance at DCA today (9/14/21)

muddyrivers

I was there. Soarin' made a clunk' when we transitioned to the show position. When the show was over, the lights came up, they made an announcement and we just sat there for 10 minutes. It's amazing how far down it looks with the lights up.
Little Mermaid stopped for several minutes as well. Could have been for disabled folks to board/exit .
I'm not sure what's worse -- sitting in the dark after the film ends and not moving, or having the lights come up and being able to see how far down it is if you were to fall :O

On a separate note, I know it is nitty gritty but the Internet has basically everything, is there any resource which "tracks" these maintenance deficiencies?

Vegas Disney Fan

I saw the craziest thing at the parks this morning and it opened my eyes a little to some of the downtime issues Disney deals with…

I was next in line to board Space Mtn and they were unloading two trains at once (as they often do) and a kid (probably 10ish) in the first row of the second train dropped his lanyard between the trains, rather than asking a CM for help he decided to drop between the trains to try to grab it. The closest CM was helping people into the first train and by the time he noticed and yanked the kid away the other CM had already e-stopped the ride… had the cars moved the kid probably would have been crushed.

Long story short they had to clear the queue, clear the (who knows how many) trains that got stopped inside the ride, and then reset the ride… I kept looking at the app and it was an hour before the ride reopened… all because some kid tried to grab his dropped lanyard.

That doesn’t excuse bad show elements (the sherif and first Mater were both still down as of yesterday) but it did make me wonder how much downtime is ride related vs guest related.

truecoat

I saw the craziest thing at the parks this morning and it opened my eyes a little to some of the downtime issues Disney deals with…

I was next in line to board Space Mtn and they were unloading two trains at once (as they often do) and a kid (probably 10ish) in the first row of the second train dropped his lanyard between the trains, rather than asking a CM for help he decided to drop between the trains to try to grab it. The closest CM was helping people into the first train and by the time he noticed and yanked the kid away the other CM had already e-stopped the ride… had the cars moved the kid probably would have been crushed.

Long story short they had to clear the queue, clear the (who knows how many) trains that got stopped inside the ride, and then reset the ride… I kept looking at the app and it was an hour before the ride reopened… all because some kid tried to grab his dropped lanyard.

That doesn’t excuse bad show elements (the sherif and first Mater were both still down as of yesterday) but it did make me wonder how much downtime is ride related vs guest related.

Like the idiots that dump ashes of the loved ones in a ride. Only to be vacuumed up and dumped who knows where.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom