Horrible Experience at Tutto Italia

The_CEO

Original Poster
Hello Everyone,

If someone could please fill me in on how this restaurant receives rave reviews? I ate there this last Friday and was far from impressed. I understand they are trying to separate themselves from Alfredo's, previous occupant, but they went a little to far. I found the staff there rude and inattentive. Our food came out within 5 minutes of ordering which made me question how authentic it was and offered a more cookie cutter approach.

Most of all I have a problem with the price/portion ratio, who decided that a Caesar Salad, a wedge of lettuce with ranch like substance drizzled on top, cost 13 dollars? This wasn't even an appetizer portion, like promoted in the menu, it didn't even feed one person! I just wanted to put in my 2 cents for anyone considering this restaurant for one of their meals during their trip.

Comments?

Justin

disney4life2008

Another reason why I refuse to shell out my money to World Showcase table dining. I am perfectly fine getting my Italian fix at Maggianos or Olive Garden where the prices are a lot cheaper and the food is PLENTIFUL!

MagicMinnie

We have not been sinced it changed hands.
I have heard other bad reviews elsewhere about it and its put us off visiting it when we go next year.

captainkidd

Maybe I'm missing something, but how was this experience "horrible"? You got lasagne, which you say was excellent and very large.

Phonedave

Maybe I'm missing something, but how was this experience "horrible"? You got lasagne, which you say was excellent and very large.

And his food came out within 5 minutes of ordering it. That to me seems like a good thing.

It does not make it less authentic, it makes it pre-prepped. If anybody thinks the food WS TS restaruants is not pre-prepped to some extent (especialy lasagna and pastas), well, ignorance is bliss :)

-dave

reptar77

we love the food there. No problems and yummy

In all disney's food prices are inflated for everything. I guess we have just learned to accept it as it is. Yes you will get a cheaper meal off property and yes it will prob be just as good or maybe better but then you would be leaving property. To us it is just not worth it.

Disneyg00n

Another reason why I refuse to shell out my money to World Showcase table dining. I am perfectly fine getting my Italian fix at Maggianos or Olive Garden where the prices are a lot cheaper and the food is PLENTIFUL!

See, you mention "Italian" and "Olive Garden" in the same sentence, and I can't help but think you haven't eaten real Italian food before.

Plentiful =/= "good."

rsoxguy

I have always felt that the kitchen equipment at the Italian pavilion, whether past or present, consists of a large freezer unit and a wall full of microwave ovens. I am in high hopes that I have eaten my last meal there for life. As for Olive Garden, can anyone say Chef Boyardee without the metal aftertaste?

kimmykimmy

I've been to Tutto Italia every single time I've been to Disney and I have never been let down! Its one of my absolutely FAVORITES in all od Disney! The service is always excellent and the food is fantastic! The first year I went, when it was still Alfredo's, the waiter could tell that my family and I were Italian and starting making a big deal about us. They even gave us a free dessert plate with smaller versions of all of their desserts - for each member of my family!
I LOVE going to Tutto Italia. Its definitely one of the best.

JerseySkiddie

i won't be going back either. it wasn't terrible, but it wasn't great either. My biggest problem was with the price. I don't usually scoff at the prices at WDW restaurants since I'm from just outside NYC, but that was rediculous. We did the CP package there as an excuse to try it out and we were disappointed. The food was just ok especially for the price. Happy dining everyone!

captainkidd

I have always felt that the kitchen equipment at the Italian pavilion, whether past or present, consists of a large freezer unit and a wall full of microwave ovens. I am in high hopes that I have eaten my last meal there for life. As for Olive Garden, can anyone say Chef Boyardee without the metal aftertaste?

I had lasange there a few years back that is exactly as you described.

On the other hand, I had a delicious chicken parmesan dish a couple years back, so it was definitely hit and miss.

chwilson88

I haven't been to Tutto, since Alfredo's closed. I LOVED Alfredo's freshly made fettucini alfredo, and I refuse to go to a place that considers itself "italian" that doesn't at least serve a fundamental plate like that. Plus, I've heard nothing good about the new place so far. What a terrible decision Disney made.

tomm4004

Horrible? Horrible is somebody got food poisoning, somebody died (okay, that's beyond horrible), you got a rat in your food, you got held up in the men's room. What you described is far from horrible. The exaggeration and hyperbole makes people skeptical and leaves no room for a poster who had real problems.

PoohsGang

See, you mention "Italian" and "Olive Garden" in the same sentence, and I can't help but think you haven't eaten real Italian food before.

Plentiful =/= "good."

Italian Food and Olive Garden are Like saying That Chef BoyR De Raviolis are Italian food. Although Olive Garden does make an awesome can of Spaghettios :ROFLOL:

Olive Garden is as Fast Food as you can get for Italian, early in the morning you will see the Sysco trucks unloading all The Frozen entrees that Olive Garden has to offer, yes it's fresh, frozen fresh.........
The best Frozen Italian anywhere:hammer::hammer::hammer:

Real Italian Food is available on Hanover Street in plenty of kitchens and Living Rooms in Bostons North End usually cooked by the owner of the house (Retuarant) you are eating in served by a family member. Thats Italian. As for Disneys version, my wife and I have always loved it's good not the best but good, we have always had great service. PAta is always fresh.:)

DougK

Alfredo's was a Signiture Dining restaurant... you'll note that "Tutto" has been reduced to themed.... Just another in-park Fast Food experience.

Signiture Dining, as a classification, is decaying rapidly... besides Alfredo's? Artist Point and The Brown Derby have hit the skids... and I LOVED both. Between Feb 2008 and Nov 2008, they both degraded their menues.

Saddly, I think we're going to see more of this... it's the effect of the Disney Dining Plan on Signiture Restaurants.

I agree with this 100%. And it is a very sad state of affairs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom