Horizons???

mandib

Original Poster
I was only 5 when I went on horizons and don't really remember much so could someone refresh my memory. From what I remember you went through like different stages of transportation. I think I remember one just of trucks. Also at the beginning were you abble to look outside? For some reason that just sticks out at me and was it red? Another thing I don't know where I got it from. You also got to pick your ending right? Any answers would help a lot! Thanks!!

Nut4Disney

I think you are thinking of the World of Motion (transportation). Horizons dealt with the aspects of living in the future. Try a search for Horizons on this site, or go to yahoo and type in Horizons-Epcot, and you'll come up with several sites with pictures and history. Hope this helps.:animwink:

EchoOfOphelia

:lol: :lol: You're describing World of Motion to a T. The only thing you go was that you were able to pick your ending.

At this website you can actually watch a video of the ride if you'd like. On the left hand side, click on Epcot, then click on East Side, then scroll down to the Horizon's section.

http://198.65.141.39/

A Kind Of Magic

We rode the future….yesterdays!

Even though Horizons won't ever come back our happy memories of it will always be with us.

Think of it.

Who where you back then?

Who did you ride with?

Wasn't it a fantastic ride, place and time?

RU42

Of course I need to plug my captures of both rides, World of Motion and Horizons. Follow the top 2 links in my signature for info on Ride Videos and #Disney-Central.

My one and only time riding both of these rides was 1991. My wife and I took a trip to WDW for our honeymoon.

And yes, the rides were fantastic, I miss them. Disney genius in telling the story in a full immersive way. I hope someone gets Imagineering and Finance back on track. AA, while more expensive, add so much to the experince - a whole lot more then cardboard cut-outs.

RU

A Kind Of Magic

If we can dream should we do it?

Note: Video's are a good start but in "NO" way substitute for the real ride experience!

How can a video substitute the smell of oranges during Horizons.

The flying motion feeling as the ride whirled through the larger than life omni screens.

The pleasure of waiting on line and reading the future port and remembering how exciting it was just waiting to ride Horizons.

GE built Horizons to last but did we make it stay?

If you're checking out video you may want to find tape the first day Horizons opened.

Sure enough the lucky crowd who attended that faithful opening day got a parade, party, balloons, guest speakers, a lecture and ceremony.

Very rare indeed.

According to the Horizons time line:

We rode the future………yesterday.

So where are we………………………………today?

RU42

All we have left are videos, unfortunately. Now, if you know anyone with the orignal opening day footage, I would be happy to digitize it, that would be awesome.

RU

Sir Hiss527

I really don't remember Horizons either...Because I only went to Epcot when I was young, and don't remember much. This is my 300th post!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom