Horizons - 1080i HD Video - Who Misses this amazing attraction?

nelsonj3

Original Poster
I had to share this with everyone. I found this video in my archives. I did not make it, but the author gave permission for it to be shared freely. This is the only HD video that I've ever seen of Horizons. Al C. did a great job on this, and I had to share it with any other huge Horizons fans out there!

nelsonj3

Original Poster
That was very pleasant to watch, and thank you for sharing. (If you haven't seen these already, @marni1971 also has some wonderful tribute videos to Horizons.) :) So many people had an appreciation for that attraction.

I was happy to share, even though I didn't make it. It was very well done. I have definitely seen Martin's videos, and they are all amazing!

rdifolco

So whats is in July? A new video or news of a possible new ride based on Horizons? I think another Horizons type experience is needed in Epcot. Loved the video missed the orange scent... Can still get a small feel of orange from Soarin though... Not the same ...

nelsonj3

Original Poster
I'm redoing all my original Futureworld edits from scratch. The first two are now available (for free, as always)

Far more material, far better audio and video quality than before.
Yes, I really enjoyed your latest SSE Irons tribute! Nice work as always!

I just recently rediscovered the Al C. Video that I posted above, and it is so good, I had to share it (he gave permission to share at the end of the video).

Since1976

This attraction was such a big part of why I loved EPCOT as a kid, I was truly gutted to return there in 2002 and discover it was gone.

In my mind, it represented everything that Future World was supposed to be about, so I took for granted that it would always be there.

Not to knock it, but I have only visited the Mission: Space pavilion once since it took Horizons' place.

thomas998

I remember it now... Frankly it was a bit dated, but then all future looking things tend to get dates pretty quickly... But it did have a pretty long ride before it got whacked. Now if they would only get rid of Mission Space, a rather boring ride after you've done it once... time for something better to take its place.

L.C. Clench

I loved this as a kid (or rather loved the choose your own adventure ending) but I do wonder if it could still draw today. This along with World of Motion, If You Had Wings and SSE were truly great edutainment offerings.

danyoung56

I really enjoyed the long form AA attractions, like Horizons, World of Motion, the original Imagination ride, etc - Epcot had a lot of 'em. Horizons was great, but in its latter days suffered from the changing tastes of people, became much too slow and dated to sustain attention. I definitely miss it, but I totally understand why it had to go.

Goofyernmost

I remember it now... Frankly it was a bit dated, but then all future looking things tend to get dates pretty quickly... But it did have a pretty long ride before it got whacked. Now if they would only get rid of Mission Space, a rather boring ride after you've done it once... time for something better to take its place.
How does something get dated when almost none of what is depicted has happened yet? Isn't that still the future?

nelsonj3

Original Poster
How does something get dated when almost none of what is depicted has happened yet? Isn't that still the future?
I agree with this. Many of these things are only starting to happen (underwater resorts, etc..), but some are still pretty far into the future (space colonies where civilians can live).

By the way, while we're on the subject of beloved attractions - I just found some great footage of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride at WDW and edited it together and tweaked the brightness to make things easier to see. Let me know what you think!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom