Horizon Truth Question

Tom Morrow

Maybe they filled it in...

But actually, the biggest rumor, or at least what Disney had said, was that the Horizons building was becoming structurally unstable. At least, thats what I heard.

MCMike37

Originally posted by Tom Morrow
But actually, the biggest rumor, or at least what Disney had said, was that the Horizons building was becoming structurally unstable. At least, thats what I heard.

Well, I can add to this rumor and combine them both.

I read that there was some...issues...with the ground underneath Horrizons that lead to the problem of it's structual integrity. Rather then spend the money to try to salvage the old building, it was cheaper to just demolish the whole thing and start over.

How much truth there is in that, whoknows, but hey...

PuertoRekinSam

A second reason for the deconstruction was after all the problems with Test Track, Disney decided to never Gut an attraction and try to restart from scrach inside and instead start over completely.

The only acception to this may be if the great movie ride gets a rehall.

Al

Originally posted by PuertoRekinSam
A second reason for the deconstruction was after all the problems with Test Track, Disney decided to never Gut an attraction and try to restart from scrach inside and instead start over completely.

The only acception to this may be if the great movie ride gets a rehall.

what problems did test track encounter?

PuertoRekinSam

The entire building supports had to be redesigned when World of motion was decomissioned. Many construction problems occured when they tried to open the ride. Thus why the opening was delayed over a year from when it was to originally open. there was an article in the Eye's and Ears about it a while back if I can find it, I'l post what it said.

Some feel that if they started from scratch, that the ride wouldn't go 101 as often as it does now

HMFan

Some feel that if they started from scratch, that the ride wouldn't go 101 as often as it does now
I have to disagree here. Most of the reason for the tremendous down-time of the ride is the integrity of the sensors on the track. It has long been known that the sensors that track the ride vehicles are extremely ultra-sensitive. Also, that the sensors have a severe problem with a build up of condensation, particuliary in the "elements" area, i.e. heat, cold, moisture. And the area where you line up do to the "crash" just before you exit the area, the constant change of temperatures and humidity in this area is infamous for causing shut-off.

Testtrack321

Originally posted by Fievel
Sink hole.....I know another word that goes well with HOLE....do you jcrb?

I don't get it...:lookaroun

As for the sink hole thing, I beleave that it was poseted on Screamscape.com that a large amount of dirt or something like that was put on top of the construction site. This is also supported by the final days of Horizions. Durring the last days, people saw large, mettal, wires protruding out of the building. This could have been a support system once the interior was gutted. Abspestos wasn't a problem because the ride opened in '83. I think Abspestos was banned in '81.

ToTBellHop

it was posted on this website that they encountered asbestos when they were tearing the building down, which was one of the reasons that it took months to tear it down...

Testtrack321

Wow, this could have more small rumors than WREx! Fire, abspesos, sinkhole, Godzilla, Rosie O'Donald, wow, so many rumors for why the pavilion is falling appart! Or maby they found a hidden bunker or Al Quida there.... Hmmmm:drevil:

ToTBellHop

I believe they detained the Al-Qaeda members and sent them to It's a Small World, bolted their feet down, and refused to let them out to go to prison until they learned how to sing "It's a Small World" in all the languages! Walt, with all of his patriotism, decided to build It's a Small World as a method of torture for anyone like Hitler...if for no other reason, this is why this ride can never be removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom