Hopping into MK on October 1st (50th anniversary)?

bobogator

Original Poster
Hello. Just got our 10/1 50th anniversary reservations for Epcot since MK isn't available. Anyone know if park hopping is suspended on that day? It would be awesome if we could hop into MK in the afternoon. Thanks!

bobogator

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies. Good points...I'm thinking along the lines of it being suspended, but if it available, there might not be any room for hoppers throughout the afternoon/evening. Maybe a lot of folks will head out early, after getting their fill of the celebration.........nope. :)

Wendy Pleakley

Too soon to say. If the vaccines start to have an impact and capacity increases you may very well be able to get a reservation that day (or not even need one).

Figments Friend

Hard to know for sure this early ...but i am watching with interest since i will also be there on the 1st but do not a Park reservation for MK that day.
I do not currently have valid ticket media, so could not reserve a spot when i booked my room last week when everything was still open for reserving.
I purposely looked too...last weekend. By Monday / Tuesday MK was not available.

So i have been mulling it over in my mind lately, and i can only guess at some options that might take place.
Here are some thoughts based on what they have done in the past, and what they might consider this time around -

First option i thought of is that Resort hotel Guests will have the option to 'hop' in the afternoon if capacity allows.
Disney used to offer this perk when the Parks would hit capacity to day Guests and Off-Property Guests during the busiest days ( Xmas, New Years, etc. ).
So even though the Park was closed to the general public, it was still 'open' to Resort hotel Guests.
That was some years ago...but it was nice that those staying On Property had that opportunity if things became full.
Perhaps they would consider this for the 1st ?
I would LIKE to think those staying at a Disney Resort hotel would be given 'first dibs'.....but this is 2021 we are talking about here.
Anything goes.

Second thought is they will just suspend 'Park Hopping' to MK on that day to try to keeps the crowds at bay.
This would also prevent people from lining up in droves outside of the Park, hoping to get in which i am sure Disney would want to avoid due to gathering restrictions and the whole Covid situation.
Guests can 'hop' anywhere else that day EXCEPT to the MK.

Third option is the open up Park Pass reservations later in the day once a tally of current attendance is made.
Not entirely sure if this would even be feasible considering the likely high demand...as just about any Theme Park fan within a 550 mile radius is going to want to be there for 'the DAY' on the 1st.
But i suppose anything is possible....

Fourth option is perhaps a 'virtual queue' system for those wishing to try to enter the MK that day.
I could see this being implemented via the My Experience platform...if they wanted to execute such a thing just for the day.

We shall see.
I will be watching this over the coming months with interest.

-

Last edited:

biggy H

I doubt tbey would have 'spare' for park hopping, maybe some for future resort guests if current resort booked capacity is low for the 50th and they expect an increase nearer the time.

mm52200

It’s 9 months away and I don’t think anyone actually knows what will be happening by then. Check back later.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
And realistically speaking, what will be so special about being in the MK on 1 October? Any one-day rides going in? Any one-day parades being planned? Any one-day food specials on the menus?

Tell me, please, what will be so different or important about the MK on 1 October that won't be there on 2 October? or 30 October?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
And realistically speaking, what will be so special about being in the MK on 1 October? Any one-day rides going in? Any one-day parades being planned? Any one-day food specials on the menus?

Tell me, please, what will be so different or important about the MK on 1 October that won't be there on 2 October? or 30 October?
There are usually a special button and park map to mark the occasion. There would be a speech and some entertainment as well. Sometimes they'll sell "day of" merch.

biggy H

Because some people, actually quite a lot, just want to be there on the 1st Oct.....

rreading

There are usually a special button and park map to mark the occasion. There would be a speech and some entertainment as well. Sometimes they'll sell "day of" merch.

Were Iger giving a speech, perhaps it would be worth hearing. Chapek...not so much.

Maybe they'll get Josh to give it. He seems to have some personality!

NelleBelle

I think if I were really wanting to be in MK on Oct 1 but didn't have park reservation (or theme park tickets to make reservation), I'd buy my tickets when I booked hotel and keep checking park reservation page. I'm sure a lot of people booked packages on a whim and may have to cancel closer to the date due to whatever (other plans, finances, etc) or on the odd chance Disney opens more reservations up. But if park reservations are going to remain into 2022, I honestly don't think PH is going to be allowed. Doesn't the PH statement even say that PH to another park isn't guaranteed if the 2nd park is at capacity?

TTA94

I wouldn’t expect WDW to drop the reservation system by Oct 1st. They are going to want to control how many guests they let in that day, especially morning. They may have already met their planned capacity limit for that day regardless if overall capacity does increases by then.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom