HoP January 2010 rehab??

LongballMG

Original Poster
My mother (who reads this site but does not post) insists she saw a thread or article on another webiste about an HoP rehab in January 2010.

This makes no sense seeing the Hall had an extended refurb this year already.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I have seen nothing to this effect on any website

Thanks

Tom

Beta Return
My mother (who reads this site but does not post) insists she saw a thread or article on another webiste about an HoP rehab in January 2010.

This makes no sense seeing the Hall had an extended refurb this year already.

Can anyone confirm or deny this? I have seen nothing to this effect on any website

Thanks

It's not on the official refurb schedule, and I don't remember reading that anywhere - but I don't read every thread. I'm guessing it was someone asking the same question, or perhaps quoting a bus driver.

However.....on November 19, WDW renewed their "HoP Rigging Package" permit from a year prior, because it expired. I have no idea why they did this, because any rigging work would have been done as part of the big rehab, since they have different curtain operations in the new show now.

EpcotServo

I wouldn't mind-Does good. Look at Tokyo, they are ALREADY closing the BRAND NEW Monsters Inc. ride for nearly a whole month. Compare to say, Mission Space, which has been open for SEVEN YEARS and hasn't had a single full rehab.

DisneyParksFan1

I wouldn't mind-Does good. Look at Tokyo, they are ALREADY closing the BRAND NEW Monsters Inc. ride for nearly a whole month. Compare to say, Mission Space, which has been open for SEVEN YEARS and hasn't had a single full rehab.

Haha!:lol:

Just look at our Peter Pan and Snow White. It's pretty much just like the 1970s version! The moon barely even looks like a moon, it looks like a spiderweb filled black mass in the middle of the ride!!!:mad:

WDW1974

Haha!:lol:

Just look at our Peter Pan and Snow White. It's pretty much just like the 1970s version! The moon barely even looks like a moon, it looks like a spiderweb filled black mass in the middle of the ride!!!:mad:

Doncha know that you can never close anything at WDW because you'll ruin so many folks' once-in-a-lifetime magical vacations?

TDS is going to have JTTCOE closed for almost five months next year including when I'm making my first visit. I think I need to see a man of the cloth to discuss how evil the OLC must be to ruin my trip by closing a signature attraction.:rolleyes::xmas::rolleyes:

BigThunderMatt

Doncha know that you can never close anything at WDW because you'll ruin so many folks' once-in-a-lifetime magical vacations?

TDS is going to have JTTCOE closed for almost five months next year including when I'm making my first visit. I think I need to see a man of the cloth to discuss how evil the OLC must be to ruin my trip by closing a signature attraction.:rolleyes::xmas::rolleyes:

JTTCOE was fun but I don't think I'd ever wait 2 hours for it again (and I'm pretty sure I waited longer than that. It's got one of the most convoluted queues ever).

WDITrent

They do annual refurbs for each attraction. It wouldn't surprise me they'd close it shortly for maintainence just to get it back on the January schedule.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
They do annual refurbs for each attraction. It wouldn't surprise me they'd close it shortly for maintainence just to get it back on the January schedule.
While they are constantly doing maintenance on attractions being closed for maintenance in not an annually thing for each attraction. Quite honestly about the only yearly maintenance closures that are a given at WDW are Splash Mountain and the Water Parks. If I am not mistaken there are several attractions in WDW that have never been closed for maintenance or a refurb (M:S and E:E come to mind).

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
While they are constantly doing maintenance on attractions being closed for maintenance in not an annually thing for each attraction. Quite honestly about the only yearly maintenance closures that are a given at WDW are Splash Mountain and the Water Parks. If I am not mistaken there are several attractions in WDW that have never been closed for maintenance or a refurb (M:S and E:E come to mind).

Yep and EE desperately needs one. Due to M:S ride system being 4 separate bays, it's very easy convenient for refurbs. You can take one bay out, do maintenance, and just run on the other 3. Unless it's a queue related issue, there shouldnt really ever be a total down of MS.

EPCOT Explorer

Do they really still do that? I thought everything would be 3rd Shift.
Yep and EE desperately needs one. Due to M:S ride system being 4 separate bays, it's very easy convenient for refurbs. You can take one bay out, do maintenance, and just run on the other 3. Unless it's a queue related issue, there shouldnt really ever be a total down of MS.

Didn't think that way about M:S. Does it even need it? The queue looks fine...

*wouldn't know about the ride...wait 17 days. :lol:*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom