Hoop Deedoo revue question

PMC0849

Original Poster
My wife and I are supposed to to this show I keep hearing great things about, unfortunately we were only able to get tier 3 seats, the rest were sold out, is being seated here going to take away from the experience? Someone said they thought it might but didn't actually seat up there, so if you have and could let us know that would be great!

Irie

My wife and I are supposed to to this show I keep hearing great things about, unfortunately we were only able to get tier 3 seats, the rest were sold out, is being seated here going to take away from the experience? Someone said they thought it might but didn't actually seat up there, so if you have and could let us know that would be great!
We've been over 15 times but have never sat in Tier 3, but I can't imagine it would take away from the experience. The performers come out into the crowd from time to time and the place isn't too big that you would feel removed from the action. We love it and go every trip.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Have you thought of doing a different time showing(they do 3 shows every day) or a different day? I still think you would enjoy even Tier 3 but you could try adjusting your date or time to try for the other tiers if your concerned.
We love the show and is a must do every trip but always sit on the floor in Tier 1. :)

NYwdwfan

There's definitely an energy from the crowd, so knowing the theater is mostly sold out will add to the experience. However, I too have always sat category 1 so can't speak to the category 3 experience.

shuflemstr

I have seen the show over 100 times and have sat in all the different categories of seating. I can tell you there is not a bad seat in the house. Since they changed the show, I have only been a few times. It's been a few years since I've been there. It's just not the same, however, if someone who has never been to it before asked me, I would definitely recommend it to them. Everyone must see it once

Parker Clan

We sat in cat 3 last summer & did not think it took away from the experience! Other years we've sat in cat 1&2 and we actually like being up in 3 a little better. You get a view of the whole audience and still feel immersed in the fun! The performers did come up to the balcony too! We are sitting in cat 3 again this summer!

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I have seen the show over 100 times and have sat in all the different categories of seating. I can tell you there is not a bad seat in the house. Since they changed the show, I have only been a few times. It's been a few years since I've been there. It's just not the same, however, if someone who has never been to it before asked me, I would definitely recommend it to them. Everyone must see it once

The "changes" to the show were minimal- a slight change to the opening number (the Polka got axed, but most of the lyrics made it to the new song) and a change to the Chow Down number. Beyond those and a few pop culture references, the show has otherwise remained unchanged save for the Strawberry Shortcake Walk replacing Apple Pie Hoedown when they changed desserts in the late 1970's.

sxeensweet

The "changes" to the show were minimal- a slight change to the opening number (the Polka got axed, but most of the lyrics made it to the new song) and a change to the Chow Down number. Beyond those and a few pop culture references, the show has otherwise remained unchanged save for the Strawberry Shortcake Walk replacing Apple Pie Hoedown when they changed desserts in the late 1970's.
Agree nothing really changed at all. Still love it and me and DH have to go every time we are in WDW. :)

sxeensweet

Did you guys enjoy the food there? I am going for the first time in Sept.
Yes absolutely love the food and is of course half the reason we keep going back. Some good traditional american food. Sometimes for us it's a welcome break from all the fancier/richer food we have been eating our whole trip. Me and DH are pretty spoiled to great restaurants/food and still enjoy the food at HDD. :)

harryk

Have been to Cat 3 - balcony was great -- had uninterrupted view of the whole stage. Cast did come up and made sure everyone was made part of the show!! Chicken and Ribs - great!! If can't get cat 1, I'd go for cat 3 every time. Show is so hokey it is gerrrrrrrrate!!

RememberWhen

We actually prefer the cat. 3 seats. You can see everything really well. And depending on when you go and how crowded that show is, they won't seat you in the balcony if the floor has space. Our last trip we paid for cat. 3, but were right next to the stage because the audience was so small.

Zummi Gummi

Did you guys enjoy the food there? I am going for the first time in Sept.

The food is exactly what you'd expect it to be- it's fried chicken and ribs. I wouldn't call it a culinary masterpiece, and it certainly isn't healthy, but it's a nice treat.

Zummi Gummi

The way the show is staged, 2 cast members come upstairs during 50 States, birthdays/anniversary/honeymoons, and the washboard number. Which two you get depends on the performance time. 8:30 is usually Dolly and Six Bits upstairs, and they're the most fun so...

It's also policy that each table gets visited by at least one cast member during the evening, regardless of where you're sitting.

Hockey89

The food is exactly what you'd expect it to be- it's fried chicken and ribs. I wouldn't call it a culinary masterpiece, and it certainly isn't healthy, but it's a nice treat.
Got to say if you ever had good or great southern fried chicken or ribs it makes it seem like burger king level food...Just one mans opinion...

JusticeDisney

It's true that you will have a great time no matter where you sit, but I strongly disagree with anyone who says the experience isn't vastly better when sitting in tier 1, because it most certainly is. I mean, just think of it this way, at a concert or sporting event, would you rather sit in the first few rows or in the upper deck? Although the cast does come out into the audience, the majority of the show takes place up front on the stage.

Demeter Tess

We sat on the upper tier on our honeymoon trip and our seats were fantastic! We had a great view of the stage and main floor, and occasionally the performers came up to interact with us. I think it was a bit quieter on the top level, which I personally preferred. The main floor looked rather chaotic!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom