Hoop Dee Doo Revue or P&P Party

MasonDuo

Hi all, my hubby and I will be down in the world Memorial week and were trying to decide what would be the best choice for us. We are trying to decide between going to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Pirates and Princess Party. Any opinions for us as we will not have any children with us?

Mr.EPCOT

I would personally choose the Hoop Dee Doo Revue. Awesome show, awesome food, unlimited alcohol. The Pirate & Princess Party is fun, too, but it's not too much different than going to the park during the day, as opposed to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
A little bit like comparing apples and oranges...
Hoop de do is always a fun evening, and includes dinner with the cost.
P&P does have some special events, unique parade and fireworks. It also offers a "smaller" crowd for rides, although popular times like the weekend you are talking about, minimize the benefit.

If you are a real Disney lover and have never done P&P before, you may want to do that, as Hoop de Do will be around for future trips.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

Hi all, my hubby and I will be down in the world Memorial week and were trying to decide what would be the best choice for us. We are trying to decide between going to the Hoop Dee Doo Revue or Pirates and Princess Party. Any opinions for us as we will not have any children with us?

Hands down.....Hoop Dee Doo beats them all.

Upvote 0

baz212

Flame me if you like, but I've never been a big fan of the Hoop de doo revue. I didn't like it much as a kid, or the last time I went as an adult. I would do the party. Seeing as you're going on a holiday weekend, I would think the smaller crowds for the party in the Magic Kingdom would be a great advantage.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

A little bit like comparing apples and oranges

So true. One is dinner with a show that lasts about 2 hours, the other is a 5 hour party with a special parade, fireworks, meet and greets, and the ability to walk on or have a short wait for lots of rides...and more. And just an overall really cool atmosphere in the MK.

Do you like staying out late? Do you enjoy alot of the rides at the MK? Do you enjoy parades and fireworks (the pirate and princess party fireworks are the BEST EVER!!)? Does dressing up as pirates interest you? If you answered yes to most of these, I'd choose the pirate and princess party.

On the other hand, if MK is not your favorite park, if you do not like parades or firworks, and if you do not like staying out late, then I would choose Hoop Dee Doo.
This really is a tough choice because they are two very different experiences! Both are great for couples without children.

We have seen the Hoop dee Doo twice, and we have been to one pirate and princess party. If I had to make the choice on our next trip between the two, I'd choose pirate and princess hands down.....but ideally I'd do both!
Either way, you will have a great time....they are both wonderful experiences.

And as someone else mentioned, if you think you will be going back to WDW in the future, then do the Pirate party now....Hoop de doo is there year round and you can do that anytime. The pirate party has limited dates, and you never know when they will stop doing them.

Upvote 0

MasonDuo

Original Poster
Thanks for all of the input...I'm leaning more for the Pirates and Princess party because like you all said this has a limited engagement and I can see the Hoop Dee Doo next time. The fireworks show is really selling me on the MPPP.

Upvote 0

wdwfan22

If it were me I would go with the Pirate & Princess Party. My family and I didn't care for the Hoop de doo revue at all. We normally like the corny stuff but just felt the Hoop de doo was lame :)

Upvote 0

Ilovewishes

I've done both without kids and they are both fab! It depends what you are after!

As someone said above, P&P is alot like being in the parks during the day but you can go treasure hunting, there is a different parade and fireworks show (which is worth it in itself!), there are rare characters out and about and the atmosphere is just fab! And the park was dead when we went! (That was March, however).

The Hoop de Doo Review is obviously a dinner show and we really enjoyed and would go back and see it again, but I think I personally would choose P&P, purely for the fireworks and the opportunity to dress up!:king:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom