Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue and gluten free food?

Pudgecontrolstheweather

Original Poster
Does Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue offer gluten free food? Since they have a set menu and not many options, I am wondering if they have gf alternatives available or if we should skip this dinner show? DS is gf and doesn't eat pork or red meat.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
They will accommodate any food issues at any restaurant on property just let them know when you arrive and note it on your reservation. Disney is awesome with food allergies, and any other dietary needs. ;)

Belle_MTL

If Chef TJ is working that night you'll have an amazing meal. He is absolutely one of a kind when it comes to dietary restrictions. He's even received awards for his excellence in food allergies. Enjoy!

Pudgecontrolstheweather

Original Poster
They will accommodate any food issues at any restaurant on property just let them know when you arrive and note it on your reservation. Disney is awesome with food allergies, and any other dietary needs. ;)

Yes, they are usually very good about accommodating food allergies, that is one of the reasons why we continue to go back. However, some restaurants are not as good as others. Since Hoop Dee Doo Revue has such a limited menu, I was hoping that someone who has eaten there and needed a gluten free meal could let me know what to expect. If we go there and the only thing my 5 year old can eat is a garden salad, then I think we would be better off skipping this one. (Last year I called ahead and spoke with a CM regarding the Wishes Dessert Party and what I was told is not what we got and it was upsetting.)

Pudgecontrolstheweather

Original Poster
If Chef TJ is working that night you'll have an amazing meal. He is absolutely one of a kind when it comes to dietary restrictions. He's even received awards for his excellence in food allergies. Enjoy!

This is good to know, I hope if he's not there, another chef will be just as accommodating! We have had some really wonderful chefs during previous visits and we truly appreciate them!

Last edited:

coachwnh

Does Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue offer gluten free food? Since they have a set menu and not many options, I am wondering if they have gf alternatives available or if we should skip this dinner show? DS is gf and doesn't eat pork or red meat.

We have been to the show four times and the GF accommodations are excellent. You will get separate plates with GF options, including dessert! Unfortunately, the GF chicken won't ge fried. However, if you want fried GF fried chicken, check out 50's Prime Time in HS. GF fried chicken!!!!! You will have nothing to worry about at Hoop-dee-doo. Enjoy the show.

Pudgecontrolstheweather

Original Poster
We have been to the show four times and the GF accommodations are excellent. You will get separate plates with GF options, including dessert! Unfortunately, the GF chicken won't ge fried. However, if you want fried GF fried chicken, check out 50's Prime Time in HS. GF fried chicken!!!!! You will have nothing to worry about at Hoop-dee-doo. Enjoy the show.

Thank you so much! We totally don't mind the chicken not being fried, as long as there is the option for some gf food! I'm going to book HDD, I really think DS is going to like it!

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Thank you so much! We totally don't mind the chicken not being fried, as long as there is the option for some gf food! I'm going to book HDD, I really think DS is going to like it!
They do have a salmon option as well that I know some people get but don't remember if it's gluten free but I'm assuming you can get it gluten free. :)

Figment Forever

We went to HDDR last September. I don't know who the chef was - but most of the items - salad, beans, ribs & mashed potatoes are GF. They brought me out baked chicken and GF cornbread which was so good! Usually, I find GF bread to be dry and very dense, but this was delicious! They also brought out a different dessert for me. Have fun!

IMG_8789.JPG
IMG_8803.JPG
IMG_8823.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom