Hoop-Dee-Doo Question

BrightImagine

Original Poster
Hi there, I have a question about the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. I've never been there before, and I'm thinking about taking our family there for the first time in a few months. So if you've been there, let me know if you know...

Is there any gunfire in the show? Or people pointing guns? I am asking because my daughter is extremely anxious about guns, even Shootin' Arcade type guns. I don't want to take her somewhere that she would be too upset to enjoy herself on vacation.

Thank you very much!

docdebbi

been there many times. thinking hard, i believe at the end there is a scene with audience participation where they aim a rifle at a person dressed as a bear, no shooting or loud noises going on. but you see an old fashion rifle. no way i would describe it as anything but funny/campy, certainly not scary, but depends how bad your daughter's reaction is.

Spikerdink

I was there in Feb and there has been a rewrite of the show from the last time I saw it. At the end of the show, just like docdebi said, there is a part where people from the audience are selected to help out....but I think the part with the gun has been deleted. Not 100% sure, but can't remember it but clearly remember it from past years. Like deb said, it is not loud and is campy fun, but you would know your daughter best.

PolynesianPrincess

I went in May and I don't remember seeing a gun though I do remember the part with the person dressed as a bear. If the gun is still part of the show, I didn't even notice it and they definitely did not shoot it off.

NYwdwfan

This is the same script I saw in November 2011, although this video is from 2009. The gun part is the first thing you will see:

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Yes, Dolly briefly points a rifle at Six Bit during the Davey Crockett segment.

What a particularly enthusiastic, fun audience at that show in the video! The cast in that video was a longtime group that left just over a year ago. They were wonderful. I miss them.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Hi there, I have a question about the Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue. I've never been there before, and I'm thinking about taking our family there for the first time in a few months. So if you've been there, let me know if you know...

Is there any gunfire in the show? Or people pointing guns? I am asking because my daughter is extremely anxious about guns, even Shootin' Arcade type guns. I don't want to take her somewhere that she would be too upset to enjoy herself on vacation.

Thank you very much!

As others have said, it's in one of the final "skits," and it's all in very, very good-natured fun. HDDR has been our family's favorite show since my son was little, and he's never had an apprehension or concern over that part of the show. I think your daughter will be fine. :)

luv

Yes, there is a gun. You should also avoid Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Carribean, Jungle Cruise, The Great Movie Ride and many gift shops, especially in Adventureland. I think that's it, but there could be more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom