Hoop de doo Revue dinner show?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Ok so my favorite resort is the WL. But have never ever been to the Revue dinner show. Wanted to do some different things next trip and interested on your experiences with the quality of entertainment, and especially the FOOD!!! What are the ways one can get to the show as well.....is the bus to the campground the only way? I might be coming from AK or at least the WL resort.....it says to arrive early.

slappy magoo

If you're coming from WL, there will be a boat to FW. If you're coming from AK, take a bus to MK, and then a boat to FW. If you go any other way, you will wind up on the opposite end of the campground and still need an internal shuttle to get to the Revue, whereas the boats drop you off a 2 minute walk away.

My wife kids and I really enjoyed the show (wife and I also went once before kids) but being fussy eaters, I was the only one who liked the actual menu. We got a vegetarian option for my wife (she will eat meat but not still-on-the-bone like ribs or fried chicken, and more kid friendly options (like chicken fingers) for our kids because they hate flavor. Essentially, if it's something also served at Trail's End, you can probably get it.

Schneewittchen

The travel advice from @slappy magoo is right on.

If you stay at WL there is one other option to get to FW, there's a wooded paved trail (unlit) that runs between the resorts. It's less than a mile, 15 - 20 minute walk. Faster with bicycles. The scariest ride at WDW is riding your bike on that trail without a headlight at night. OMG, almost died.

Back to the revue. It's awesome. One of my favorite things to do at WDW. It's just a classic Disney show. Corny jokes, nostalgic music, generally wholesome family fun. It makes you feel like it's 1985 and there's no such thing as Twitter/Snapchat. Lots of audience participation. It takes me back to the WDW of my childhood. If you have little kids, get a table near the stage.

Food. No worse than a character dinner buffet, but it's served family style. My family likes it. Yummy fried chicken, good Yankee ish corn bread, mashed potatoes, green salad, buttery corn, baked beans, the ribs aren't the most tender, but they're okay. Super strawberry shortcake for dessert and mommy and daddy's meal included basic beer and wine options.

slappy magoo

The travel advice from @slappy magoo is right on.

If you stay at WL there is one other option to get to FW, there's a wooded paved trail (unlit) that runs between the resorts. It's less than a mile, 15 - 20 minute walk. Faster with bicycles. The scariest ride at WDW is riding your bike on that trail without a headlight at night. OMG, almost died.
FWIW, there is (or was, I think there still is) a shuttle bus to go between WL and FW and that will get you close to the section of the campground where the Revue is. Sorry I forgot about it, assuming it's still there. As for walking, you can do it, but Florida being Florida, on a hot humid day, think about how much walking you want to do before what's supposed to be a fun dinner show. You get your picture taken outside before the Revue, included in the ticket, and you don't want to be any more of a sweaty mess than you have to be.

Driver

Food is good , show is funny. Yet another way from WL to FW is by bus. The internal FW shuttle "yellow" goes to WL from FW and drops you off right at the " settlement " very short walk. They recommend you get there to check in 30-40 min before the show. However you can P/U you tickets up to 7 days in advance and then only have to be there 10 min in advance. That's the option I typically use and it works out great because then you don't have to stand around outside and you can pre- pick your table 😜 I am going again, week of August 8th with family coming down from NE. It's good family fun and they pick people from the audience to go backstage for a little participation number toward the end of the show. Doesn't matter if you're in the front row or up in the balcony ANYONE is fair game!

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thanks Slappy and Schnee....and Driver.....awesome information and that seals the deal!!! :cool: Did not know you could prepickup tickets! I like that level of planning, but likely will be otherwise in other spots prior.....so tell me, its likely nice to have good seats for viewing, but one can see pretty well from all seats right? Nice to know you are not necessarily "safe" from participation....ha.:happy:

Is it a regular ADR? And is it cancellable? I have to start making those very soon....woohoo!!! :happy::happy::happy:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Is it a regular ADR? And is it cancellable? I have to start making those very soon....woohoo!!! :happy::happy::happy:
It is a prepaid show. You reserve it just like any other dining reservation, but you will have to pay in full at the time of booking. I am fairly certain that it can be canceled, but I am unsure of the exact time frame. I think it is in the 24-48 hour range.

Schneewittchen

If you don't want to participate, you should get a balcony seat. You can see from any seat in the house, but the side balconies involve turning your head to watch. Anyone on the ground floor could end up participating in the show.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It is a prepaid show. You reserve it just like any other dining reservation, but you will have to pay in full at the time of booking. I am fairly certain that it can be canceled, but I am unsure of the exact time frame. I think it is in the 24-48 hour range.
Thanks Yoda, think I will call just to be certain on cancelling as I could not find it anywhere on page for that attraction.

Most expensive is the floor....so take it that's most desirable, and second is facing forward, so yes the side balcony would require repositioning self.....guess it depends on what is available too when I do my ADR's....this one looks like it would take more time so maybe better to finish my entire week and then go back to attempt that? Guess it is already programmed for my payment but still more pages.

Hey I read that you can pick up tickets from any resort concierge? So I don't need to go to actual venue prior and this would allow me quicker entry? Sounds like a fun adventure and thanks again for letting me bounce need to know queries off of you veterans of the experience! :happy::happy::happy:

RememberWhen

We go every trip. It’s a family favorite. We always pick category 3 seating. Usually that’s up in the balcony, but at least once we’ve been on the floor because it was a slow night. There’s no bad seat.

KBLovedDisney

The first time we ate there was during our honeymoon. They sat us in a specific couple's location right behind the piano man! It was awesome! And the food is amazing!!!

Gawd, I'm hungry.

JIMINYCR

We always do Hoop De Doo on our trips. Its entertaining and the food is plentiful, but its the show that makes the event worth the price. The routine has been the same but some of the cast have changed. We always arrange for floor seating. Getting a table on the floor level is worth it. You get a better view, and I think the food service is faster. We havent had to pick tickets up after purchasing them, but check in at the venue. Theres always a line of guests waiting to get in but seating goes very quickly once the doors open and you immediately get served drinks.

slappy magoo

so tell me, its likely nice to have good seats for viewing, but one can see pretty well from all seats right? Nice to know you are not necessarily "safe" from participation....ha.:happy:
Last time we went, we were in the balcony, pretty much right next to the actual spotlight. We saw everything just fine. And there were moments where some of the performers wander and came up near us. We weren't part of the show per se, but it does help make the show feel a little more special when they're out and about in the crowd.

sdemore

Food is good , show is funny. Yet another way from WL to FW is by bus. The internal FW shuttle "yellow" goes to WL from FW and drops you off right at the " settlement " very short walk. They recommend you get there to check in 30-40 min before the show. However you can P/U you tickets up to 7 days in advance and then only have to be there 10 min in advance. That's the option I typically use and it works out great because then you don't have to stand around outside and you can pre- pick your table 😜 I am going again, week of August 8th with family coming down from NE. It's good family fun and they pick people from the audience to go backstage for a little participation number toward the end of the show. Doesn't matter if you're in the front row or up in the balcony ANYONE is fair game!
I didn't know you could pick up your tickets in adv. and pick your table. How do I go about this. Do you need to do that during another show time or can you go anytime (will someone be there to help you)? There really aren't many bad seats with the exception of sitting behind a pole on the balcony. I spent most of the show bobbing and weaving, I don't want to do that again. That being said HDDR is one of our favorite shows and we would never miss it!

Last edited:

Dr. Ludwig von Drake

Plenty of people have posted about the travel. Regarding food and entertainment:

We've been twice, most recently in summer 2017. We've done a middle show and a late show. One seating was category 2, the other category 3. The seats both times provided excellent viewing of the show. We thouroughly enjoyed the show both times even though, as far as I could tell, the shows were exactly the same. The kids I brought with me (various kids on different visits ) laughed pretty hard both times (ages 22, 15, 9, 7 at the time). Some of these kids saw it both times and still had a great time.

The food is good, too. I think it is pretty similar to the dinner skillets you can get at Whispering Canyon in Wilderness Lodge. The shortcake is unique (not at Whispering Canyon).

The liquor is nothing special. Sangria and beer, the quality akin to what you would find in your supermarket. The tea and sodas are better, in ym opinion.

The food and enterainment are spread nicely throughout the entire show. Disney has been doing this show long enough to make sure no one gets bored.

We arrive early not only because of travel issues, but also to visit the trading post, look at the horses, and walk around.

Driver

I didn't know you could pick up your tickets in adv. and pick your table. How do I go about this. Do you need to do that during another show time or can you go anytime (will someone be there to help you)? There really aren't many bad seats with the exception of sitting behind a pole on the balcony. I spent most of the show bobbing and weaving, I don't want to do that again. That being said HDDR is one of our favorite shows and we would never miss it!
Concierge desk anytime 7 days in advance.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom