Hoop de doo and Happily Ever After

Atomicmickey

Hey all, I've found some threads on the web but not current, and none here, so thought I'd ask.

In October, we have reservations for the 6:15 Hoop De Doo.

The idea is, the instant the show is over, bolt out for the boat, and get over to the MK
to see the new Happily Ever After show at 9PM.

It has been a few years but I think the show is about an hour and a half, meaning we'd be outta there at 7:45PM.

Doable? Risky? It seems doable to me, but . . . . thoughts? Actual experiences? Thanks in advance!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You *may* make it ~ the problem is nearly everyone else will be bolting for the boat as well and the line will be LONG.

If you don't care about missing the castle projections of HEA, you can watch the fireworks (with the soundtrack) from the Ft. Wilderness beach. It's a great view and you won't have to contend with the masses at the MK.

Upvote 0

Atomicmickey

Original Poster
You *may* make it ~ the problem is nearly everyone else will be bolting for the boat as well and the line will be LONG.

If you don't care about missing the castle projections of HEA, you can watch the fireworks (with the soundtrack) from the Ft. Wilderness beach. It's a great view and you won't have to contend with the masses at the MK.

Nah, I need to see the whole show. We will probably go on another night as well but the reviews have been so great that I would like to see it twice. And the projections are key.

I'll tell my family "pee before the show" and we will bolt as the applause is dying down. Run to the boat ASAP and try to be
first out the door, and first on the first boat at the end of the show. I figure if it ends at 7:45 and the fireworks aren't until 9, getting on that first boat is the key. With one hour and 15 minutes we should be able to get there. We probably won't have the best fireworks spot, but that's fine, we can always get close.

As an aside, you'd think that they could have more than one boat at that time . . . . but so it goes, I know they don't.

Upvote 0

dan8302

Not sure if this will help you out, but we went to the 4:00 show back in early May. We were on the boat to MK at 6:08 (according to the boat selfie) and had our picture taken in front of the train station at 6:23.

So yes, best case scenario you can be on main street with a half hour to spare.

Upvote 0

Atomicmickey

Original Poster
Not sure if this will help you out, but we went to the 4:00 show back in early May. We were on the boat to MK at 6:08 (according to the boat selfie) and had our picture taken in front of the train station at 6:23.

So yes, best case scenario you can be on main street with a half hour to spare.

That story makes me optimistic! Thanks. That's about what I thought . . .

Upvote 0

nickys

Premium Member
You might want to consider that it won't necessarily just be HDDR people trying for that boat. Also I don't know what order the boats stop on the way to MK. (I know the boats around Bay Lake go in both directions). There may not be much space left. So even getting out promptly may not be enough to guarantee you getting to MK in time.

How important is getting there to you? Going for the early show would mean you could relax and still be in plenty of time.

Upvote 0

Atomicmickey

Original Poster
You might want to consider that it won't necessarily just be HDDR people trying for that boat. Also I don't know what order the boats stop on the way to MK. (I know the boats around Bay Lake go in both directions). There may not be much space left. So even getting out promptly may not be enough to guarantee you getting to MK in time.

How important is getting there to you? Going for the early show would mean you could relax and still be in plenty of time.

Well, ya know, when you're right, you're right. And you're right, lol.

That day, of our family trip, is a "water park day", so we'll be at one of those until 4 or so. I think that the family would rebel if I told them we needed to spend only 4 hours at the water park so we could get to the 4pm Hoop de Doo, so that we could get to MK well in advance of the fireworks.

Sigh, it's always a compromise. I'm the huge Disney nerd, and the planning guru, of the trip . . . and so I want to please everyone, and so . . . sometimes you just have to take a risk. Maybe not the way I'd do it, but trying to make folks happy, 'cause, well . . . um, Have a Magical Day? :D

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom